Are med sups doomed ?

Even on a regular plan G T65 I'm about $366 commission which isn't even the lowest price plan. If an agent is selling a Humana at a higher premium for the bonus once again, they are selling it based on a commission just like the MAPD.

Not sure where you’re getting at. It’s one of the lowest priced plan G T65 here. Again, I can get $600 for MAPD or close to $900 for a low priced humana med Supp. I’m 60% MAPD. I don’t sell based off commissions.

people love to say agents sell MAPD because of commissions.

Last edited:
Boy, ain’t that the truth.
I can’t keep track of all the carriers and their different “ per app” bonuses.
It’s always a nice surprise to receive a bonus check you didn’t know about.

I don't pay attention to bonus offers or trips. And yes, it is to get a surprise bonus check.

A few years ago one carrier was paying graduated bonuses based on the number of apps submitted during the contest period. When the qualifying period ended I got a surprise bonus. I looked back at the rules and learned I missed the next tier by one app. That "cost" me several hundred dollars.

I was disappointed for a few days but got over it because I did the right thing for my clients and wouldn't have changed my actions had I known I was one app away from a larger bonus.

As Kenny Rogers said, I don't count my money when I am sitting at the table.

yup. Right now, and for the last 4 months, I can write a humana achieve with a bonus. T65 is about $475 commission, plus $325 bonus, plus PDP. Close to $900.
You get $475 base first-year commission for a turning-65 med supp sale? And then another $325 bonus on top of that? I need that contract. My contract is more like $300 first-year for a plan G, and no bonus in sight.

Back