Association Member Benefits Advisors

Wow, that is a long post. Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. If making 30k per year should make me happy, I don't want to be happy hahaha! I almost make that in 1 month here at AMBA. As far as company culture...if wanting to surround yourself with positive, professional people in expensive suits who make good money by ethically helping retirees is rah rah, I like rah rah. I digress...

Been at AMBA for 8 yrs now...it's been a great company for me personally. I enjoy helping retired teachers get quality LTC coverage (Mutual of Omaha and Transamerica) at very good rates. Great clientele as they are a perfect demographic to help obtain LTC coverage (they all have monthly pensions and assets to protect). There are no doubt people (even 1st year reps) making big money here. A number of people in my local office made well over 6 figures this year as 1st year reps. They were only able to do that with Hard Work and Persistence. Very low agent turnover in our local office as well.

Isn't is funny how unsuccessful people always have reasons why they can't, don't, couldn't, etc...? That being said I truly hope you find what you are looking for!

I appreciate the sentiment, and thanks for the reply. You and others like you are the reason I did not want to be a part of that organization. I do not define my success on what my bank account looks like. I know people there say "luggage what unsuccessful poor people say". That's not how I define my happiness.

One way is that I like my job and I am good at it. I was good at giving the AMBA presentation, but I didn't want to do that for any extended period of time. I could not picture myself doing that for the duration, it was boring, same thing every day. Oh and by the way, I do make more than 30k, I was just using that because that is the standard entry level salary. I would RATHER make that than work there again.

I also have a fantastic family life, which I didn't when I worked there because of the stress level of the job. The stress associated with straight commissions isn't for me. I make base + now and I love it. I make just as much as I would at a few other positions and more than most. But again, I don't define success by money. It really isn't the most important thing. Yes it is important and I make enough not to have financial stress.

I just prefer not to sell my soul to get it. Oh and if anyone from there actually does their homework, I can find better rates on similar products elsewhere. The products ARE good, I give you that, I can just find better deals on them.

I have no excuse other than I didn't want to be successful within that company, after being in it, I didn't even want to be a part of that company. I could have been successful, but I would rather find my success elsewhere.

yes, i went to interview and they wanted to send me I believe to Dallas or Austine for a week of intense training. I just really dont have time for the training. Now if it was in Houston it may be different. They never told me if it would go with my continuous education that I have to do every two years either. their are easier companies to join besides going to a week of intense training away from my town. Dont really know the company to well either.

Wow, that is a long post. Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. If making 30k per year should make me happy, I don't want to be happy hahaha! I almost make that in 1 month here at AMBA. As far as company culture...if wanting to surround yourself with positive, professional people in expensive suits who make good money by ethically helping retirees is rah rah, I like rah rah. I digress...

Been at AMBA for 8 yrs now...it's been a great company for me personally. I enjoy helping retired teachers get quality LTC coverage (Mutual of Omaha and Transamerica) at very good rates. Great clientele as they are a perfect demographic to help obtain LTC coverage (they all have monthly pensions and assets to protect). There are no doubt people (even 1st year reps) making big money here. A number of people in my local office made well over 6 figures this year as 1st year reps. They were only able to do that with Hard Work and Persistence. Very low agent turnover in our local office as well.

Isn't is funny how unsuccessful people always have reasons why they can't, don't, couldn't, etc...? That being said I truly hope you find what you are looking for!

Wow, this sounds like the same broken record hype we used to hear all the time at another company years ago. Whats sad is how brain washed it is to suggest someone is unsuccesful because they did not stay at this agent revolving door.
If this company is so succesful, there should be a waiting list for agents. Instead, this company constantly recruits. Like someone at another one of these mass marketing companies once said, we are a recruiting company.
I have gotten three letters from these people in about a years time.
I would suggest to try to talk to some agents there, or attend a meeting before joining. If they want you to pay any kind of fee for training, I would not do it!

I have worked with AMBA for over 7 years now, and it was the best decision I ever made!!

I knew nothing about insurance sales before I came on board, but they do an excellent job of training and supporting new agents.

Is what we do easy?...No, nothing that can pay you the type of commissions we earn here could be easy- It's hard work. However, with the exclusive retired teacher endorsements we have, it does make the sales process "easier".

AMBA does supply their agents with leads, training-classroom and joint-field-work, and support. At the end of the day it is up to each agent to put in the hard work and effort to go out and make sales.

Do people fail? Yes, of course some do. However failure here is ultimately due to the individual, not the opportunity.

It boils down to if you are willing to go to work every day, have the right positive mental attitude, and sell the way AMBA teaches you sell...this could be an extremely rewarding career decision!

Chances are that the ones on this forum who are complaining probably always find negatives in any job or career they choose. Hopefully someone truly looking to make AMBA a career will see that.

I have worked with AMBA for over 7 years now, and it was the best decision I ever made!!

I knew nothing about insurance sales before I came on board, but they do an excellent job of training and supporting new agents.

Is what we do easy?...No, nothing that can pay you the type of commissions we earn here could be easy- It's hard work. However, with the exclusive retired teacher endorsements we have, it does make the sales process "easier".

AMBA does supply their agents with leads, training-classroom and joint-field-work, and support. At the end of the day it is up to each agent to put in the hard work and effort to go out and make sales.

Do people fail? Yes, of course some do. However failure here is ultimately due to the individual, not the opportunity.

It boils down to if you are willing to go to work every day, have the right positive mental attitude, and sell the way AMBA teaches you sell...this could be an extremely rewarding career decision!

Chances are that the ones on this forum who are complaining probably always find negatives in any job or career they choose. Hopefully someone truly looking to make AMBA a career will see that.

OK, just how much do you get paid to do this hard work?

Hi

Just another perspective on AMBA. I was there 2 years +, After my fast start university, I hit the ground running, getting my fast start award in 2 weeks. (The FSA means you sell 20 aps and $25K in your first six weeks in the field. I was one ap short of doing it in my first week.) I was told that if I suceeded in the field I would be made a district manager. Guess what - I won all the awards made the trip etc., but when it came time for the manager candidate school, 4 people from my fast start university class were selected. I wasn't one of them, but I had more business on the books than all four of them did put together. Guess I didn't do a good enough job huh? Well to make a long story short, I started going thru the motions while looking for a better position. Got lots of requests to bring back the old agent that set the world on fire from my managers though. Now I have been one of the top managers at my new agency and am better appreciated now than I ever was at AMBA. They have a system that works, it is simple, but it is not easy like they want you to tell every new recruit. IT, LIKE ALL SALES IS SIMPLE, BUT IT IS NOT EASY. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it, and it would pay the same as working at McDonalds. If you go to AMBA and you want to be more than just an agent, you had better be a good ol boy from Texas.

DecisonMan - if you can't read and properly process what you read, maye you should not reply to other posts. How in the world do you come up with me liking AMBA from my one and only post??????? I usually read this forum when I want feed back on some topic, but after seeing AMBA backers bash the critics as unsucessful malcontents I thought I would offer my perspective. I was very sucessful, but did'nt fit the good ole boy mold. Any one from AMBA reading my post will know who I am and I don't think they would list me as one of their supporters. BTW - this is my last post here. I hav better things to do with my time.

Must have struck a nerve, perhaps because you're guilty?

Just go back only 20 posts and count the number of new members:
Sellr21 - 1 post
r1b2r3 - 1 post
K10394 - 1 post
smoke1984 - 2 posts
LTC27 - 7 posts
rlino01 - 1 post
Katiem2 - 1 post
rockrheirust - 1 post

And now you, snrslsmgr, have a grand total of 2 posts and claim you'll never come back here again - like all your buddies listed above. (unless you're all the same person, different names).

Back