Assurant Health Access? Fixed Bene Frenzy?

Group insurance has made the average person believe that they should be able to go the doctor for every sniffle, ache, or pain and not pay more than $25 to do it, including tests.

It's only in the last few years that employer sponsored insurance started raising their copays and deductibles. Now the employees are starting to see just a little bit of the actual cost.

A mini med covers what the "average" employee wants insurance for, not realizing that someday they might actually be hospitalized and that's where the big bucks are, plus quality of care with insurance vs no insurance. I don't like mini meds either but I understand why they will probably sell.

Again, John you are making my point...With reimbursement that can be substantial, there may be a viable market for mini meds when Obama exchange plans become unaffordable. If a family can pay $400 for a gap hospitalization plan or $2000 a month for a major med, many of them are going to say F the Obama plan, I'm buying something realistic and affordable even though they realize its not major med. Again, substantial reimbursement in a mini med can often times be better than nothing, especially in the circumstances that are going to be coming with Obama unaffordable plans...And you know they will be unaffordable! The only people getting a good plan are the poor in the ghetto, the rest of us, unaffordable it will be ! Count on it. Nobody will buy exchange plans.

Again, John you are making my point...With reimbursement that can be substantial, there may be a viable market for mini meds when Obama exchange plans become unaffordable. If a family can pay $400 for a gap hospitalization plan or $2000 a month for a major med, many of them are going to say F the Obama plan, I'm buying something realistic and affordable even though they realize its not major med. Again, substantial reimbursement in a mini med can often times be better than nothing, especially in the circumstances that are going to be coming with Obama unaffordable plans...And you know they will be unaffordable! The only people getting a good plan are the poor in the ghetto, the rest of us, unaffordable it will be ! Count on it. Nobody will buy exchange plans.

Is your Assurant RSD Jim Jones?

I think the real issue or obstacle for the insurance companies is the marketing of these plans. If they find an angle and need for it and find a way where the consumer "knows what they are buying" it may take off, especially if the prem skyrocket. Personally, I don't think that will happen

I may be drinkin' Assurant Kool Aid, but seriously if they didnt think it would sell, when would they develop it? Assurant makes shiat loads of money selling all types of plans. Again, I'm not commenting on how good or bad they are, but rather, are they going to sell in a viable market? If not, why did they develop them?

I may be drinkin' Assurant Kool Aid, but seriously if they didnt think it would sell, when would they develop it? Assurant makes shiat loads of money selling all types of plans. Again, I'm not commenting on how good or bad they are, but rather, are they going to sell in a viable market? If not, why did they develop them?

For the same reasons Mega Life developed their limited plans.

Well there may be a market for it when your family bronze plan is like $2500 per month and the gold Obama plan is $3500 per month. Nobody is gonna buy a crap Obama plan because it will be too expensive.

Well there may be a market for it when your family bronze plan is like $2500 per month and the gold Obama plan is $3500 per month. Nobody is gonna buy a crap Obama plan because it will be too expensive.

Health Access for my family is $411. I'm far better off with the math to just take the $411 per month and shove it under the mattress.

Back