• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Attention All Agents with a Website...

$4.29....I can use multiple domains for front pages and then redirect to the single hosting account.

$4.29....I can use multiple domains for front pages and then redirect to the single hosting account.

Same with GoDaddy

www.warnerins.com
www.NMyoungDrivers.com

They also, answer the phone 24/7 and have some very progressive additional products. Calendar, emails appointment reminders to the recipients, online file storage, website building and I think they also have a newsletter email marketing system for your client base.

No matter who you use, make sure they have:

Live, english speaking telephone support that is available 24/7, and 365 days a year.

Don't just take their word for it. Call them several different times of the day and night to check them out. Before you sign up.

I don't even know why you would go with a hosting company that makes you submit problems, or questions via e-mail.

If I have a problem, I don't want to wait 5 to 7 hours for a response, or sometimes 2 to 3 days.

Imagine if you treated your clients that way.

I have used 10 to 15 hosting companies over the years, before I settled with mine. Been with them for almost three years now.

I agree with New Guy.

Who cares if your service is $4 a month or $7 a month? I mean, does it really matter if the difference between service A and service B amounts to a Starbucks coffee each month?

It is the service that counts.

If you plan on having a decent site with the ability to handle whatever improvements you might want to add, then you need a host that provides, among other things, a complete control panel to enable you to manipulate your site. You probably should also consider only a host that can give you a unique IP number. There are many reasons for wanting your own IP number that would take too much space to get into.

You want service, reliability, the ability to expand, and a proven track record of up-time. Never mind the few bucks one way or the other.

I agree with New Guy.

Who cares if your service is $4 a month or $7 a month? I mean, does it really matter if the difference between service A and service B amounts to a Starbucks coffee each month?

It is the service that counts.

If you plan on having a decent site with the ability to handle whatever improvements you might want to add, then you need a host that provides, among other things, a complete control panel to enable you to manipulate your site. You probably should also consider only a host that can give you a unique IP number. There are many reasons for wanting your own IP number that would take too much space to get into.

You want service, reliability, the ability to expand, and a proven track record of up-time. Never mind the few bucks one way or the other.

Excellent advice for a pro, but a novice may be better served with a hosting site that has a very simple web site builder. That was what drove me to SiteGround. Their Zen Sitebuilder requires no expertise beyond familiarity with common Office products such as Word. Don't expect much in the way of hand-holding from them... and you really don't need it... it is replete with tutorials.

After I cut my teeth on this grand production I am working on, I will possibly reconsider another hosting site. At that time I will attempt to master a web building tool that will allow me to port over my work. To jump into something like Joomla would mean I would need some hand-holding.

(One of the problems with the simple Zen Sitebuilder is that it is NOT portable.)

If you are considering Joomla at some point, let me recommend Xoops or ImpressCms instead. I have several sites running Xoops or Impress. I have tried Joomla and found it to be much harder to learn and much slower.

Don't think I would go with hosting just because the have a site builder. Good example is blue voda. Very easy web builder software that can only be used on their hosting platform. Design it and you are captive.

For $35, I have Pablo Website Builder, a drag and drop program. I have now built two sites using it, and it was fairly easy to include a form where clients can submit info. Wish it could do more, but it suits my purpose.

Godaddy for a virtual server (~$80/yr iirc) will host multiple sites. Good cust. service - they spekka da english widda no accent, too.

Back