Auto Dialers Banned

I don't believe ANY complaints should be online. The government should only take complaints by mail.

The complaint rate on EVERYTHING would go down 100000%, saving millions of dollars.

People are too quick to go online and run their mouth. If they had to actually write a letter and place a stamp on an envelope most wouldn't bother.

A lot of people have a lot of time on their hands to do nothing but complain. I have a relative that must send 10 complaints a week - I have no idea for what reason or why, I think this is an actual medical condition at this point.

I don't believe ANY complaints should be online. The government should only take complaints by mail.

The complaint rate on EVERYTHING would go down 100000%, saving millions of dollars.

People are too quick to go online and run their mouth. If they had to actually write a letter and place a stamp on an envelope most wouldn't bother.

A lot of people have a lot of time on their hands to do nothing but complain. I have a relative that must send 10 complaints a week - I have no idea for what reason or why, I think this is an actual medical condition at this point.

And if we were all riding in horse and buggies the highway death rate would fall too. But this doesn't make it a good idea.

Of course if difficulty is what you wish to add toward making a complaint, why not make the complaints to the FCC be made only in person... and on Tuesday mornings, from 8 to 9. Let's face it, we are in the electronic age and to limit complaints or any other transaction isn't productive.

The agencies that receive the complaints surely have a way to sort thru the ones that border on the ridiculous.

Interesting -

Exempt healthcare-related prerecorded message calls that are subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) from the prohibition on telemarketing calls that deliver prerecorded messages;

So does this mean if you say something like 'You're health history is important to you', that selling health policies via voice broadcast is going to be legal?

I'd like to see the language on this, given politicians normal way of blaming health insurance for health care issues, using the terms pretty interchangably, as the need arises.

Of course, I detest voice broadcasts for sales, so I really don't care. Ironically, I think they are great for reminders, such as having a dentist appointment the next day.

Dan

I'd rather get a recorded message at home - I can immediately hang up. Although I can hang up on live telemarketers I simply don't an often have to wait out their spiel.

I'd rather get a recorded message at home - I can immediately hang up. Although I can hang up on live telemarketers I simply don't an often have to wait out their spiel.

Well said... there-in lies the advantage of a "Live Person" versus "Memorex". At least the live person will have a small window of opportunity to gain the interest of the prospect.

These auto voice broadcast dialers "burn down the haystack to find the needle" to use an analogy.... over and over and over again... I predict it won't be long that restrictions will be placed on the B2B usage of these things too.

By the way, there has always been laws on the books prohibiting there (Voice Broadcasts) usage for residential calling, but due to the high incidence of complaits, the laws now have teeth.

On a side note from the complaints, I think it's great that it's easy for people to sign up for DNC. All the people that positively do not want to hear my pitch can tell me so by signing up. I feel people that aren't on the list are more likely to hear you out than when there was not list and everyone was mixed together.

Before someone calls me out, yes I realize signing up and complaining are two different topics. Just saying...

Back