Avalon Agents in Fl, Did You Receive April Commis?

Lee-sure

Expert
I placed about 15 policy's w/Avalon about 2 years ago but have since switched about 1/2 - but still was receiving $ except this month- I know there not taking new business. Wondering if anyone else is waiting...:nah:

Avalon Healthcare Status Update, Aug. 2010

Avalon Healthcare continues to manage its existing block of individual and group commercial health plans. Avalon Members continue to be covered by their existing policies and renewals are being accepted and implemented each month without an increase in premiums.

The Company is operating on a daily basis with a smaller staff. The Avalon #800 Member services number remains operational. Due to increased call volume answer times have been slow for the past few months but call wait times have been cut in half or more in the past 30 days.

Commissions have been placed on hold as the Company works toward recapitalization and reemergence in the market. We apologize for any inconvenience and understand your concerns. We hope that in time we will be able to make all commissions whole.

Your patience is appreciated.

Chuck O’Neill
President and CEO

I wonder if old Chuck has put his compensation on "hold"....

Last edited:
Did this company ever "make whole" on its commission promise? I hope the agent who started this thread was able to get the other half of his clients away from Avalon.

Hi Allen, No, I'm afraid Avalon still hasn't paid..I know other agents who were receiving over $3000 as earned monthly & were affected alot more than me so..& yes, I've transferred all out except for those in treatment.

Back