Average days to close?

Usually, I have a timely comment about sports.

During football season, I ran this a few times... (Under the heading :Your Local Health Insurance Broker)

The Bengals are always letting you down. I won't....

Another:

"If Ohio State beats Indiana...I'll give you a free health insurance quote"

In the senior market it seems like it is either right away or six to eighteen months later. Sometimes as long as two years.

Since virtually all the prospects I talk to already have a Med Supp it almost always comes down to how much money I can save them and how well I can read them over the phone. Getting them into a conversation is the key.

I think for the most part changing companies and saving money is an emotional decision for most seniors. I have to be ready to do the app as soon as I sense they are ready. If I delay it by even a day or two they most often change their mind.

Practically all of them initially say that they are not interested. If I don't sell it on the first call then as soon as I hear their current company has an increase I call again.

It is not uncommon for me to sell someone I talked to 12 and even 36 months ago.

It is not uncommon for me to sell someone I talked to 12 and even 36 months ago.

That can be tough on the brain. My guess is you probably use a CRM to keep up with everything.

Practically all of them initially say that they are not interested. If I don't sell it on the first call then as soon as I hear their current company has an increase I call again.

If your not doing this, then you are loosing a lot of money. Instead of frowning when a carrier gives out a rate increase, you should be grinning ear to ear.

If your not doing this, then you are loosing a lot of money. Instead of frowning when a carrier gives out a rate increase, you should be grinning ear to ear.

That is why you should keep good records. I get a lot of my business that way. It's called a pipeline.

That's where the bulk of my sales come from. Agents who don't ask that most important of questions, who do you currently have your insurance with" and keep that information readily available are wasting a lot of time and money.

Dunno. Just got a lead, single guy 32 - just left his job, Cobra's too expensive. Took him to my site, did the plan comparison - survey says GR's Copay Select and he's in underwriting. Not sure why we'd have to wait a few weeks. He already didn't like being without coverage as long as he's been without coverage.

It all depends on how YOU handle it. If you're a weak closer, it'll always happen weeks or months later...if it happens at all. If you are upfront, and call them out, it's in the bag. These people have no idea what is going on. Take control and get r done.

These people have no idea what is going on.

Ambush selling. What a concept.

How many times have you seen Boiler Room and Glengarry Glen Ross? I bet you have every line memorized.

Back