Back Links?

Depends on how many post you have if it is a follow or nofollow link.....

bl.jpg

As Scott said, it really depends how many posts you have. For those who are active (more posts), the sig links are followed and that counts in google algo metrics, which ultimately give value to your rankings.

Not so much for early birds and link-dropping casual visitors

Interesting.

That's not what SEO Dave told me . . .

Appreciate the Title, but not necessary.

Yes thats exactly what I told you. (Spend my Whole Day on the Forum Bob)

These so called follow links are coming from the same IP so your not going to get some huge push like everyone thinks they do by including their keyword phrases on every post.
It may be follow, but that does not tell the Whole Story.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Get your site listed in DMOZ like I did.

DMOZ has no validity anymore, Its run by volunteers, and you can find individuals that will hook you up per say. (No Editorial Standards)

Google is fully aware of this. Second its a free submission, that should tell you the whole story right there.

Google does not put near the emphasis that it used to. Its all about Authority and Trust from certain Directories, and DMOZ just does not carry that weight with the Search Engines anymore.

Submit and forget.

Great Article on DMOZ:

DMOZ, while a novel and useful concept, is still prone to human error. And as it has grown over the years and the ratio of website submissions to editors that can approve the submissions has grown, the quality of the directory has come in question. In particular, if you look at the Alexa graph of visitors to dmoz.org, you'll notice the downward trend, just over the past year (select "max" for the graph range to see a full year back). The downward trend has continued for several years, which means fewer and fewer people actually make use of the site. Had you heard of it before reading this article? Had you ever made use of it to find a website of interest? There's always been plenty of people ready to submit their websites, but the purpose of the directory is muted when no ones uses it to actually find anything. Notice on the Alexa page that only 16% of visitors visit the search portion of the directory - ie. search for a website.

Last edited:
You mean Google does not favor their directory anymore Dave?

The only two other authority directories I know are Yahoo and Business.com

You mean Google does not favor their directory anymore Dave?

The only two other authority directories I know are Yahoo and Business.com

That is correct, I have many sites in many markets ranking without even considering DMOZ, Just like the article says, Basically not important anymore.

That may be true but I think Google keeps it around for some important reason. Who knows

Back