• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Bad MA Plans

Ncinsured

Expert
This year I had the luxury of selling Universal medicare pffs. They are exiting counties in Nc for the second year. I'll owe money again, They pay slow and no one in agent services knows anything. I always get the info late and end up with thousands to pay back in chargebacks ...........:mad:

Last edited:
This year I had the luxury of selling Universal medicare pffs. They are exiting counties in Nc for the second year. I'll owe money again, They pay slow and no one in agent services knows anything. I always get the info late and end up with thousands to pay back in chargebacks ...........:mad:

That sucks to do all that work and then have that happen.

After the debacle that we had when Wellcare was in Arkansas, I try to stay away from PFFS as much as I can.

I will run from pffs from here on. The counties they are staying in are going from 0 to $49. I got alot explaining to seniors on a fixed budget. This all takes time away from new sales. Any word on 2013 ma plans ?

I don't write any PFFS' with Universal but I do write quite a few HMO's with them. Their app process has me faxing about 14 pages now so I started writing with another company that is a very similar HMO but only 4 pages. Never again.

Universal pays extremely quick. Im usually paid the full $400 in a few weeks. The other company I started writing for doesn't pay a dime until 1 month after the effective date...screw that.

Dear Valued Agent:

For 2013, Universal Health Care will no longer offer a Non-Network Private Fee for Service product in the following counties. Beginning August, please cease all marketing activities in the following counties.

Georgia North Carolina
Evans Cleveland
Montgomery
Illinois Scotland
LaSalle Union
Wilson
Louisiana
St. Helena Texas
Kenedy
Mississippi Limestone
Grenada Rains
Issaquena Wise