Bad SEO Company - What Would You Do?

What's sad is that some of these tactics actually work in the short term but in the long term they can get your domain banned.

As of right now, every agent that has signed up with them is ranking as letter A for their city for Auto insurance, car insurance, and home insurance. They're all State Farm agents (that's what the company is targeting). If you're in a big city, you should check - i'm sure there's probably one there! It's easy to spot them when you look at the "details" tab, you'll see some massive keyword stuffing.

I know that there are a lot of ways that you can currently game the system and rank high in the Google Local Business Results (like submitting fake local addresses) but definitely not something you want to do if you want to have long term success.

Last I heard one of the main weightings for determining the rank of the local business results was how close the company address is to the main city post office so I know some shady companies create fake addresses right next to the city post office and try to say that that is their company address for the website they are promoting.

Not something I would ever do or recommend at all if long term success is your goal.

If you want ranking in Google the recipe is very simple, good quality back links from trusted sites. As for keyword stuffing use your keyword a maximum of once for every 100 words of content, I have over 150 sites and this method works for me.

I have over 150 sites and this method works for me.

Holy smack-down... 150 sites. So you must be a computer web-design geek...? If not, why would any ins agent have 150 sites...? This is over the comprehension of my non-tech brain.

Back