Bankers Fidelity??

They just have really high priced non-smoker rates and no rate up for smokers. If you look at Oxford's smoker rates you will be in the ballpark of their rates for both smokers and non-smokers.

Are you sure? I called BL on the last policy I replaced. They said that all smokers get the std rate. I asked because I didn't see that they had him as a smoker in the policy.

But I'm sure that's not the first time someone working the phones at an ins company didn't know what they were talking about.

Are you sure? I called BL on the last policy I replaced. They said that all smokers get the std rate. I asked because I didn't see that they had him as a smoker in the policy.

But I'm sure that's not the first time someone working the phones at an ins company didn't know what they were talking about.

I think he was just joking because many Bankers agents lie about the smoking on the app to get a cheaper rate.:laugh:

I've never seen a Bankers agent lie about smoking on a Final Expense app. Only because the question is not on the app.

I've never seen the app and I've only talked to 2 people on the phone that had it. I thought I'd read on here several times about BL&C agents clean sheeting that question...maybe it was clean sheeting all the questions.:laugh:

Are you sure? I called BL on the last policy I replaced. They said that all smokers get the std rate. I asked because I didn't see that they had him as a smoker in the policy. But I'm sure that's not the first time someone working the phones at an ins company didn't know what they were talking about.

That's right. The standard rate. It's the same for smokers or non smokers.

We used to have Citizens Security that did that too. Then they figured out they never insured a non-smoker in the last 20-years.

I've never seen a Bankers agent lie about smoking on a Final Expense app. Only because the question is not on the app.

I had a situation with a banker's agent a little over a year ago. I had sold the guy AmCon and he was a smoker. He was trying to quit and was down to a half pack a day.

A bankers agent told him he could get non tobacco rates with them if he was smoking a half a day or less.

This was in Indiana and he ended up filing a complaint against her with the In DOI.

Their argument was that she did not tell the guy that and since there wasn't an application taken there was no proof of wrong doing.

So there must have been a difference in the rate. Why bother with that at all if the rate was the same no matter if he smoked or not?

They have smoker rates on their UL products that are sometimes sold as FE. Maybe that's the confusion. I used to have BLC apps around my office somewhere. I'll see if I can find one. But I know that there is no smoker rating on the FE apps that Ive seen.

Latest posts

Back