BCBSFL and Independent Agents

Let me rephrase and change "client" to "prospect"

Assume: Prospect wants to work with an agent

If prospect works with BCBS captive only agent, a different product/company may be best for the prospect, but they'll never know otherwise

If prospect works with a NON BCBS agent, a broker like me selling all other product/companies, a BCBS product may be best for them, but they'll never know otherwise.

The model is flawed against the prospect, and that's the only person that matters. It's not about me, it's the prospect.

If BCBS would allow indy's to sell them, problem solved, and the prospect gets the best advice. That's my beef. Here in AZ, I can sell BCBS and be a true broker.

Think of it this way. I am a Cadillac dealer. I only sell Cadillacs. I am able to provide superior service on anything having to do with Cadillacs. I have an understanding of all of the other car companies out there, but I honestly believe that my car is the best one. If you want a Ford, then you go to a Ford dealer. If a Ford dealer wants to sell Cadillacs he can, but only if he stops selling Fords. I see a lot of car dealers that try and sell more than one kind of car and many times (not always) they will push the one with the biggest bonus or highest commission. It is also very difficult to know everything about Cadillacs, Fords, Chryslers, Chevy and be a credible source for a client. Just my opinion.

My brain has enough room to be a master of all products in my field. Last time I checked, there are more cars on the road than just cadillacs.

Last I checked they were writing with independents but they will "secret shop" you to make sure you're using them. I've found them to be more expensive and where representing many other companies "openly" are more beneficial. BCBS has great insurance and fairly good prices, but alot of people pay for the name. Many good companies out there that offer the same without the licensing concerns... great company though!

Back