Becoming Successful with No Prior Sales Experience?

lady,

If this is something you are looking to do for experience that you can take with you to another place, then I would say that life insurance is a great place. IMHO, life insurance is as pure sales as it gets - no one is knocking down your doors to buy it, there is no state mandate to have it, you get no visceral satisfaction in owning it. It is about getting people to a) recognize the need and value of it b) getting them to commit to it and c) getting them to buy it from you in a very competitive marketplace. As an agent, your product won't sell itself like a hot car or piece of electronics. As an agent - whether captive or independent, you'll quickly learn the real world meaning of cash flow, return on investment, and productivity. Someone on here said that we are life insurance prospectors, not salespeople, and that couldn't be more true. Especially at the beginning of your career, the specific product knowledge is quite basic. What that means is that you spend your time prospecting and learning how to manage your time/business. These are skills that virtually all successful businesspeople must have, so your time will be extremely well spent, even if you don't make it a career.

BAD ADVICE. IGNORE HER. BAD ADVICE.

If you're just getting started, you might want to look into a company that will let you offer an insurance product that has little or no competition. I'm a strong proponent of legal expense plans. I work with a company called Pre-Paid Legal Services that is looking for new associates.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
IGNORE THIS ***, TOO!

That why I rep PPL. There is a buyer every minute. Headed to the strip club to sign up 3 more. Referals,you got to love them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back