Best City/State to Sell Med Supps

Thank u Chazm ! I see what u mean! But UA said they are the cheapest one and they said UHC has better prices than them only at Miami Dade county...but from Broward and Up North they are supose to be the cheapest ones ....but I really can not compare prices ...
What part of Florida are u ?

I am in Miami....

It seems your focu is Medicare ...Advantage or Suplements ?

Do u do FE too ??

I am a new agent , I got my license about 3 years ago and I had being doing ACA these 3 years and some life (term) ...

I have a BOB of about 300 in ACA,,, and just and the end of 2016 I got my medicare Ahip certification and got contracted on some Medicare companies....and sold about 4 plans on AEP...the ones I got from my ACA BOB...
I am asking u about all of this because I am trying to learn Medicare and FE , and start to prepare to my PLAN B...POST ACA ....because it seems to be a good plan B ...

Who ever told you that was talking about the high deductible plan F. If you are in Miami do yourself a favor and don't worry so much about med supps. You only need AARP UHC. Tell the UA guy to take a hike you won't care about selling a high F plan there. Mapd is KING down there. You have to have it to sell there.

I do FE but only when I run into it. I.e. Ask a client on initial visit who they have and how much they pay. You can always go back to them and talk FE at a later date.

Just pick up mapd plans in your area and don't listen to 95% of the people here about Medicare because they don't understand your demo there. What works for them will not work for you.

Who ever told you that was talking about the high deductible plan F. If you are in Miami do yourself a favor and don't worry so much about med supps. You only need AARP UHC. Tell the UA guy to take a hike you won't care about selling a high F plan there. Mapd is KING down there. You have to have it to sell there.

I do FE but only when I run into it. I.e. Ask a client on initial visit who they have and how much they pay. You can always go back to them and talk FE at a later date.

Just pick up mapd plans in your area and don't listen to 95% of the people here about Medicare because they don't understand your demo there. What works for them will not work for you.

Chazm is dead on the money here. Don't worry about UA's piddly HDF plan and remember to ask about FE on each and every appointment. You'll find them.

Chazm is dead on the money here. Don't worry about UA's piddly HDF plan and remember to ask about FE on each and every appointment. You'll find them.

One thing to remember about UA and only in South Florida (Palm Beach County and most of Broward, not Miami-Dade)-they have the least expensive Plan F and Plan G for T65 Females, it is a very narrow niche but worth understanding because of the 18% lifetime commissions offered.

One thing to remember about UA and only in South Florida (Palm Beach County and most of Broward, not Miami-Dade)-they have the least expensive Plan F and Plan G for T65 Females, it is a very narrow niche but worth understanding because of the 18% lifetime commissions offered.

But knowing UA, how long will those premiums stay low, or even competitive?:skeptical:

I guess , just talking about that niche FLM2 says, I guess when they says they have the lowers price at all, they says it because of that niche, but of course , they generalize .They also says thet are getting lowered prices all the time.

But they recognize , this is not for Miami Dade , because to sell Med Sup in Miami it very hard , due to the fact the Advantage plans are extremelly generous here (for example Wellcare still refund $104 premiun back ) , only in Miami , in Broward they refund only $50 and have High hospitals and medicine copays . In Miami , almost all conpanies has $O copays in almost every service plus give aditional vision and plan benefits , plus some other free stufs ...so only the people who has some more money and is sick and need to see a Doctor in anyplace ...can buy the Med Sup, Thanks all of you for your advice,,,,comparing with all the exprience that you guys have , I am very very new .....also English is my second language , then please , forgive my grammar mistakes...and yesss I will ask all of my clients if they need FE

If youre doing ONLY med supps, Id go where theres a bday rule....Oregon, Calif or Missouri (Annv rule). But like ppl have said, u dont have to live in a the "perfect place" to sell there!

Vegas is nice during March Madness, I'll be there lol!
I'm new to Med Supp.. What is Birthday Rule? Anniversary Rule?

Bday rule is when u can enroll in a med supp regardless of health, typically the month of your bday every yr.

Annv rule same thing, cept its the month you started with the plan.
Thanks.
1. Does that mean no medical questions?
2. Full or partial commissions?
3. Which States?

I appreciate fast reply!! Thanks!

But knowing UA, how long will those premiums stay low, or even competitive?:skeptical:

They haven't raised rates since 2011 and have a loss ratio under 70% so my guess is that they will remain stable-they have very strict UW once IEP is over so don't pick up lots of sick people looking to change plans for a lower rate.

I'm not pimping UA on this, just pointing it out. Based on my experience in the market it's still a somewhat difficult sale because South Florida is a very tough market and most seniors in the area want UHC/AARP because their friends and family have it.

Back