Best credit monitoring service?

liamnoah

Expert
Hello everyone.

I am currently in the market for a new credit monitoring service. I've been paying $25/month for Experian monitoring, but I'm not super happy with it and I don't feel like I'm getting the best bang for my buck. I do get daily score updates on my Experian file, but Transuion and Equifax only update once every 30 days. I would like this to be more frequent. I'm looking for something reasonably priced that monitors all 3 bureaus and provides actual FICO scores, not those useless Vantage scores. My husband and I are planning (hopefully) a new home purchase this coming spring or summer, so I want to stay on top of my FICO scores and be able to see everything in my file.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Hello everyone.

I am currently in the market for a new credit monitoring service. I've been paying $25/month for Experian monitoring, but I'm not super happy with it and I don't feel like I'm getting the best bang for my buck. I do get daily score updates on my Experian file, but Transuion and Equifax only update once every 30 days. I would like this to be more frequent. I'm looking for something reasonably priced that monitors all 3 bureaus and provides actual FICO Credit score tracking, not those useless Vantage scores. My husband and I are planning (hopefully) a new home purchase this coming spring or summer, so I want to stay on top of my FICO scores and be able to see everything in my file.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated!
thanks in advance for any help

I do get daily score updates on my Experian file,
Why on earth would you want a daily update on your credit file?

Transuion and Equifax only update once every 30 days.
Even that frequency seems too much

I would like this to be more frequent.

Really?

've been paying $25/month for Experian monitoring
How about you use that $25 a month and pay down debt or save it.

Freeze your credit for free with all three companies and stop paying for monitoring service.

I want to stay on top of my FICO scores
Find yourself a good mortgage broker, perhaps someone that you can trust and have them tell you what you may or may not qualify for.

Last edited:
The Fico score you see through any online service will be different than the actual FICO score your future mortgage lender will use. So get creditkarma for free and save the 25 a month towards your downpayment. Credit monitoring is only needed if you suspect fraud or you want to keep in check a spouse you are in the process of divorce

Back