Best Firm for a "ROOKIE?"

N

NunyaBidnit

My kid has a good friend---age 27, not well educated but very sharp, well spoken, motivated. He is attracted to Life sales and wants to get started.

He talked to AIL, and from what I have read here, it's a firm that runs 'em ragged but a good place to learn. But he's got two kiddos part time, and cant travel or do a LOT of nights.

MetLife USED to be a good place for a rookie, but Im so many years removed from being a rookie, I have no clue any more.

Suggestions folks? I am not being too specific as to leave the responses open ended. I am not searching for a pat answer, but the benefit of our pooled experience

THANKS!!!

OOPS--Kansas City area---so probably pass the KS test and get non resident in MO

What he needs to do is interview with several carriers and find an office he will be comfortable with. Going by name (NYL, NWM, etc..) doesn't always work because sometimes the office is crap. A good office to work from, no matter what the company usually will lead to success. Give the names a look, but take a look at the office as you may never interact with the home office, but that branch office he will.

I get what youre saying---even the BEST firms can have a local RM thats a jerk face

But generally all the big firms still run on the old "project 200"--they refuse to invest in lead generation, preferring to burn through all your friends and relatives. And a 27 year old newbie doesn't know anyone! So he doesnt have a "natural" market if he goes to NYL, NWM, Pru, Met etc?

visit them anyway take a look ask a ton of questions. You know a phone book has at least 200 names. Better yet a refined list. I was with NYL for a decade without a Natural Market.

I would say don't give up on these options before you've checked them out.

Don't overlook combined. I have spoken with many former Combined agents and a reoccurring theme is though they would not stay there combined taught them one of the biggest things in this business is prospecting.

Latest posts

Back