Best Flex Prem Indexed Annuity ( CA.)

This is one of the big reasons we've been writing F&G a lot lately, their first year rates are great, and renewal rates have been just as good. We had one client actually get a higher rate in the second year for S&P annual point to point, she was thrilled. They've got products for just about any need, and there's no chargeback at death - a huge benefit if you're working with older clients.

I noticed that, my main 3 carriers for annuities are Fidelity, National Western, and Equitrust, I like the Delaware Life Ray was talking about, I might add that to my bag.

One of our clients just got her first renewal rate notice for the Impact 7 and the PR for the S&P dropped to 30% with a 1.25% spread, she was not very happy about this.

Unfortunately the shorter the surrender on the product the worse the renewals will be. What did she start at? Was it the S&P or the Global strategy?

----------

The impact 7 is an awful annuity imo, what annuity gives you a bonus vested after 9 years when the surrender is 7???

I am very sorry to hear about that, I signed up a whole bunch of people for the ultra value and now I am dreading next year's renewal rates.

Yes, that is a weird quirk but if you dont sell an IA on a bonus then it usually isnt a big deal. (unless you plan on moving them to a new product right when the surrender period ends)

NWL publishes all of their renewals. So you can look up on their website what renewal rates have been for the Ultra Value historically. It will always drop from the first year rate. But most Ultra Value contracts have maintained at least around 75% PR if you look at the historical renewals.

If you are setting the expectation that the product will keep the 1st year rate then you are screwing up. It even says in the app that is a first year rate. Look at the renewal history and set expectations based off of that.

I have 8 FIA's currently in U.W with National Western and I am pulling them all on Monday morning....

I have been doing a lot of volume in this business for the past 11 years....never have I experienced a more unorganized group of people than what I have dealt with at National Western. They are even worse than Foresters, and that is saying a mouthful as their home office is horrible at best.

Bumping this up...

With all the recent changes (lowering of rates caps spreads) what A rated carrier products are you guys looking at now for potential accumulation?

I have a client I am working with that has a small amount in an old 401k. Prob around $35-40k. Would be looking for a 10yr product, no fees, and decent penalty free withdrawal options. He would likely leave the product alone first 5yrs to accumulate, then withdraw it down systematically with max penalty free after that.

Bumping this up...

With all the recent changes (lowering of rates caps spreads) what A rated carrier products are you guys looking at now for potential accumulation?

I have a client I am working with that has a small amount in an old 401k. Prob around $35-40k. Would be looking for a 10yr product, no fees, and decent penalty free withdrawal options. He would likely leave the product alone first 5yrs to accumulate, then withdraw it down systematically with max penalty free after that.

Athene Target Horizon with a 2.55% Spread on S&P 500 5% Risk Control.

AE Traditions Gold with a 1.55% Spread on S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats 5% Risk Control.

Im not sure what Americo Legacy is at right now, but it is probably another good choice.

Look at American Equity's new choice series. The ten year has 50% participation in the sp 500.

I have 8 FIA's currently in U.W with National Western and I am pulling them all on Monday morning....

I have been doing a lot of volume in this business for the past 11 years....never have I experienced a more unorganized group of people than what I have dealt with at National Western. They are even worse than Foresters, and that is saying a mouthful as their home office is horrible at best.

I wrote a handful of policies with them last year. I was a big fan of their rates/spreads... and the ones I have wrote have performed well. But I agree 100%, almost every case was effed up somehow by them.

I have never had a more negative experience dealing with an annuity carrier!

The sad thing is that they still have good looking products. And they have probably one of the best income riders for a single payout.

I have never dealt with a more F%CK#D up insurance company!!!! :no:

Back