Best video I’ve seen from medicarians on the cms new rules

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club

These guys got big agency and had 30 meetings each with carriers and other fmos . There basically laughing at fmo’s running around shouting “ are overrides are safe “‘ because it says so on page 972 . There saying everything and they mean everythings up in air . Carriers are all banding together with counsel and asking cms for further clarification on tons of stuff . Nobody’s knows final outcome but there saying massive changes coming . Most people in industry agree they say a huge shift toward loa’s coming . So the days of an Indy just jumping in and getting marketing help are over basically .

I personally would have never jumped 90% into Medicare if my leads weren’t paid for . Due to saturation of Medicare advertising both in social media and direct mail it’s caused direct mail Medicare mailers response rates to fall . Mailers can range from $60 to $100 a lead depending . Selling in June when you make $150 (prorated ) you can’t pay $100 for a lead . With mass chaos coming you might not retain that client into the new yr . You haven’t had enough time to form a relationship with a lead . That’s why the loa model will be dominant .The person your under Will “front “ your pay and they’ll hopefully make there profit in the renewal yrs . Big change coming for all

These guys got big agency and had 30 meetings each with carriers and other fmos . There basically laughing at fmo’s running around shouting “ are overrides are safe “‘ because it says so on page 972 . There saying everything and they mean everythings up in air . Carriers are all banding together with counsel and asking cms for further clarification on tons of stuff . Nobody’s knows final outcome but there saying massive changes coming . Most people in industry agree they say a huge shift toward loa’s coming . So the days of an Indy just jumping in and getting marketing help are over basically .

I personally would have never jumped 90% into Medicare if my leads weren’t paid for . Due to saturation of Medicare advertising both in social media and direct mail it’s caused direct mail Medicare mailers response rates to fall . Mailers can range from $60 to $100 a lead depending . Selling in June when you make $150 (prorated ) you can’t pay $100 for a lead . With mass chaos coming you might not retain that client into the new yr . You haven’t had enough time to form a relationship with a lead . That’s why the loa model will be dominant .The person your under Will “front “ your pay and they’ll hopefully make there profit in the renewal yrs . Big change coming for all

Thanks for the heads up.
I feel that sharing this industry to experienced nurses are the key to solving the issue. Nurses are the most trusted professional 22 years in a row and they have a ton of marketing assets with stories they can weave from their bedside experiences.
I'm sharing this now through LinkedIn.
You can LEVERAGE your agency branding If you have a well trained nurse on your team. The issue is how to find THAT nurse. Also, WHO will be the first mover in this space ?

Are the Medicarians part of the Avengers?lol

I don't think overrides are going away .The change i believe is that carriers and FMO wont be able to pay crazy HRA commish ( like up to 400 for some smaller plans in Fl ) and additional bonuses tied directly to an enrollment is a specific plan as a way to steer beneficiaries.Co op money for marketing to agents is prolly over though.

agents commish 2025 611.00 plus whatever FMV is raised to. lets say FMV increase for 2025 is 3% so about 630.00 FMV for 2025 + 100.00 so 730.00 for 2025 for new to medicare and 365.00 replacement.Previous renewals paying FMV should bump up to new FMV.This assumes that CMS will combine the 3% increase plus the 100 as the the new FMV which according to some i have spoken to they probably will do.the reason they think this is because CMS may not want to deal with prorating 100.00/50.00 or paying 100 /50 extra per application in 2025 even it it for for 12/1 effective date.

I don't think overrides are going away .The change i believe is that carriers and FMO wont be able to pay crazy HRA commish ( like up to 400 for some smaller plans in Fl ) and additional bonuses tied directly to an enrollment is a specific plan as a way to steer beneficiaries.Co op money for marketing to agents is prolly over though.

agents commish 2025 611.00 plus whatever FMV is raised to. lets say FMV increase for 2025 is 3% so about 630.00 FMV for 2025 + 100.00 so 730.00 for 2025 for new to medicare and 365.00 replacement.Previous renewals paying FMV should bump up to new FMV.This assumes that CMS will combine the 3% increase plus the 100 as the the new FMV which according to some i have spoken to they probably will do.the reason they think this is because CMS may not want to deal with prorating 100.00/50.00 or paying 100 /50 extra per application in 2025 even it it for for 12/1 effective date.

I’m pretty sure if there are overrides for fmo’s it’ll be much smaller than before . Plus unless the fmo compensates the agent out of his “overrides “ there’s zero incentive for me to be with that fmo . Regardless of how the carriers structure “ overrides “ if it happens it will be based on hush hus enrollments . The fmo will still be making his fee on how much business and money he makes the carrier . If cms doesn’t punish the fmo in some way all they did is punish the agent big . And the $100 extra is double bs . 90% of mapd sales are mapd to mapd which beams the agent gets a lousy $50 . I was getting about $175 to $200 an app marketing , good persistency money .

I’m pretty sure if there are overrides for fmo’s it’ll be much smaller than before . Plus unless the fmo compensates the agent out of his “overrides “ there’s zero incentive for me to be with that fmo . Regardless of how the carriers structure “ overrides “ if it happens it will be based on hush hus enrollments . The fmo will still be making his fee on how much business and money he makes the carrier . If cms doesn’t punish the fmo in some way all they did is punish the agent big . And the $100 extra is double bs . 90% of mapd sales are mapd to mapd which beams the agent gets a lousy $50 . I was getting about $175 to $200 an app marketing , good persistency money .

they could be but the more i read about this it seems like it is all aimed at preventing agents from getting any incentives to steer enrollment in to plans that give bonuses or extra high HRA commish.I can see CMs taking that additional 100.00/50.00 paid to agents out of FMO overrides and i could see marketing money still being available for FMO to pay for marketing for producing agents but they probably would not be able to give money directly to agents to use and it would probably have to be generic MA marketing

Were you getting overrides on the regional carriers? I’m in the same shoes as you but only with the nationals. If I add in the regionals 100/50, I think this will be better overall. Our regional carrier like BCBS was actually not even paying us FMV. I’m hoping that changes. I did see this video as well and feel they weren’t beating around the bush like some of the others. My regional business will make this a wash for me.

Back