Beware of a dishonest company: Swyft Filings

dnelson530

Expert
After forming my LLC with Swyft Filings a few years ago, I started getting double charged for the Registered Agent service every year ($99 a year). Each time I would have to contact them and make them refund the second charge. In 2021, they charged me twice the same day in July when it renewed, yet again, and I had to make them refund one charge, again. But they slipped another $99 charge in on me in October that I didn't notice, then again this January!

When I contacted them, they said the October charge could not be refunded because it was beyond 60 days. They did not argue that it was an erroneous charge, they justified keeping it by saying "the system does not allow refunds after 60 days". They said the January charge could be refunded IF my registered agent service was removed. Well, that was easy, because I found a reputable Registered Agent service for $49 a year!

They never send an invoice for anything, they just hit you with charges and hope you don't notice. Disgusting.

That company ran my compromised credit card for years trying to charge it. The number was changed but I could still see the rejected attempted charges. They tried to run $800 or more at a time. It seemed like they were trying to max my account out.

Back