Blue Cross Blue Shield Frustration

Madison National 360 blow them away

World, American Republic and . . . Madison National?

Something wrong with offering top tier carriers with REAL benefits. Madison National is a joke.

I don't know who you are contracted with but American Republic and Madison National 360 blow them away up to the age 52+. World runs neck and neck with them for the 52+ age category.

:no:
What are you talking about guy? We are talking about BCBS of Forida. World is a complete joke in Florida. They even cost more than Assurant, so what does that tell you???????

BCBS can be beat. The longer they are with them, the less competitive their rate becomes. Of course...that's the same will all companies.

WebSearch was used in this post
WebBarter was not used in this post
I have talked to several prospects this week that are on Blue Cross Copay plans looking to move to lower cost plans. In most zip codes in northern IL the Blue Cross HSA plans are the best value, compared to Humana and UHC.

As I understand it Blue Cross and Blue shield are non profit insurance companies. I use to sell the Illinois plan but felt the plan was weak with a lot of wholes in it. That was a couple of years ago and quite selling in Illinois.

There is no reason why you should not be able to sell their product. As the post above said go through a GM to sell them.

Blue Cross and Blue shield are non profit insurance companies

At one time, all of them were. Now only a handful.

BCBSNC comes to mind.

All the Anthem/Wellpoint carriers are for profit, stock companies. A few are/were mutuals. (BCBSSC was a mutual at one time, may still be).

Then are they competitive or not?

This is a game carriers play. Teaser rates that end up being middle of the road or worse once you go through underwriting. Coventry does it here. Very competitive print rates but try getting anything through underwriting at anything near that quote.

Looks good on a spread sheet but so what?

- -
:no:
What are you talking about guy? We are talking about BCBS of Forida. World is a complete joke in Florida. They even cost more than Assurant, so what does that tell you???????

I smell a newbie drunk on advance money.
Unfortunately, it's only Boones.

Last edited:
If you're serious about selling IFP in Florida, you must know that they are probably hands down the easiest carrier to compete against.

In addition to some of their major medical plans having some dangerous major holes in them, their "great rates" evaporate when they rate up 25-50% if the person was thinking of farting in the next year.

Not only that, they take 8 weeks to decide on a case that others will complete in 2-3 days.

If you're serious about selling IFP in Florida, you must know that they are probably hands down the easiest carrier to compete against.

In addition to some of their major medical plans having some dangerous major holes in them, their "great rates" evaporate when they rate up 25-50% if the person was thinking of farting in the next year.

Not only that, they take 8 weeks to decide on a case that others will complete in 2-3 days.

Rated for farting Moondog?
Heck I'd be declined.
Why such a h*rd on for these guys. If'n ya don't wanna hock it, then don't hock it?

Last edited:
Back