Blue Shield of CA _ Commissions' Messing-up

Sorry, I didn't see this thread. I created a new one in the Individual section.
My most recent commission statement was down 46% from what it should be. Apparently this is impacting many, if not all, agents.

Sorry, I didn't see this thread. I created a new one in the Individual section.
My most recent commission statement was down 46% from what it should be. Apparently this is impacting many, if not all, agents.

Insurance companies can't arbitrarily cut compensation levels in the middle of a plan year, they need to continue paying the same %age for the balance of the year.

In the past 2 years both Assurant and UHC have decided to either leave or stop paying commissions on new business, in both cases they have honored the existing compensation schedule in effect when the policy was issued and effective, I'm sure Blue Shield will do the same.

They can change how they process the payments and commissions, that's not unusual. Aetna has been very inconsistent with applying ACA premium payments this year so commissions are sometimes skipped in a month (or 2) and then show up as a larger payment the next month.

It may take longer to get paid but you will eventually get paid unless the new system completely misses applying premium payments, in that case you will probably have to go back after the fact and get them to research it.

Back