Brightway or Goosehead?

charlie sr

Many of the inquires here have been from members new to the industry and a few comments have mentioned Agencies such as Goosehead and Brightway. For better or worse now my son is in the process of picking between either Agency and each are expanding into the down state NY area where we are. I have the money so that’s not an issue and he has the drive and qualifications and approaching 50 so needs to fast forward. He was approved for Allstate but not sure if their model is good for him. So I’m wondering if without bashing either Brightway or Goosehead if a member here can express an opinion as to which Agency offers a better future. If anyone can express something credible that’s it and we’ll pick between the two and move forward. So Brightway or Goosehead? Thanks. Charlie Sr.

Some Insurance agencies want to Sell 100% of the time. The idea of getting bogged down with endorsements and renewals and conversations that don’t generate income, drive Hunters crazy!

Some agents want to outsource as many agency operational responsibilities as possible, so desperately, that they often turn to models or options in the marketplace that offer the solution.... but at what cost?

Up until now, those models have historically locked an agent into a contract where service work is typically outsourced to a group’s headquarters for the duration of the contract. The Cost (historically) for this luxury came with the heftiest of price tags- the most sacred and holly thing an Independent insurance agent has….the renewals!

With Independent agents in mind, Premier asked how this option could be brought to Independent Insurance agents in a better brighter way or without killing the golden goose.

What if you could outsource your service work without locking into a service center for the duration of your contract or relationship?

What if you could participate in the service center without having to sacrifice significant renewal income, indefinitely?

The only options that historically existed:
  • Contractually locked you in their service center, forever!
  • Took 50% of your renewals, forever!
  • Serviced your clients with an endless supply of newly licensed agents in the industry that repeatedly fumbled with your clients
  • Redirected your agencies service work to the carrier service centers for a fee that is dramatically less than the 50% of renewals you are paying.

Premier has created a program that gets to the heart of these inherent, historical problems. Disruptor is an understatement at this point. We want to show you an option that allows you to opt into the service center without locking in for the entirety of your contract and without giving up your sacred renewals.

Its what the industry has desperately needs…an option that will challenge the status quo as it relates to Group provided Service Centers.

I am a GH employee. While the company has many good facets there are issues with the service portion of the company which is the main selling point Clients are waiting over 30 minutes on hold before speaking to someone, constant turnover of service agents, agents themselves are no longer allowed to call the service team they are forced to open a case via email so nothing is handled asap. Don't believe anyone who tries to tell you differently.

I don't know anything about Brightway but I would pass on GH at this time.

I am a GH employee. While the company has many good facets there are issues with the service portion of the company which is the main selling point Clients are waiting over 30 minutes on hold before speaking to someone, constant turnover of service agents, agents themselves are no longer allowed to call the service team they are forced to open a case via email so nothing is handled asap. Don't believe anyone who tries to tell you differently.

I don't know anything about Brightway but I would pass on GH at this time.

No one can service your clients the way you can. Relying on someone else is a disaster waiting to happen. Been there, done that. Did not turn out well.

At the end of the day the most valuable thing you own in any, and I mean ANY arrangement is the relationship you have with your client. If you give that away, what multiple is your agency worth even if you can sell it? I wouldn't pay a 1X multiple for an agency that didn't nurture the client relation themselves. I would solidly pay a 3X multiple for an agency with a SOLID relationship with their clients.

You've posted on other threads and have already been told repeatedly that buying an agency for your son with 0 experience in insurance is a terrible idea. Instead of working in the industry for a few years before making a decision, you want to buy an agency now because he has "expressed an interest".

You are now fishing for an answer that you want. This will likely not end well. I wish you the best, but I must also say, you have been warned.

Back