Bring On The Annuities

[/quote]I am going to BOLDLY SAY THIS....and it might shock someone BUT...

I AM IN THIS BUSINESS TO MAKE MONEY WHILE HELPING PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Well said! I want everyone to get the best annuity product for them. I don't expect advisors to volunteer their time, but do expect honesty. Thank you!

The only people who get paid to educate are teachers, and even that doesn't pay terribly well. And you're completely right, a well diversified portfolio should destroy any fixed or indexed annuity over 40 years. No arguement there, no one said to put a person who is willing to invest in the market into an annuity.

But who do you think is more likely to listen to you about having a proper portfolio, the guy who bought an annuity from you when he was scared of the market, or the guy who is scared of the market and you've met for the first time?

Sell him what he wants today, make him a client, and then teach him the right way to invest from a position of authority.

Au contrare....Teaching pays QUITE well; their unions would have you believe that they are not well paid.....Average teacher in California for 9 months is $85000. I have done lots of payroll deduction 403bs so I have seen their paychecks. Try bachelor degree with a Reading Certificate at $92000; THIS WAS IN 1997!:GEEK: I have seen just as many junior college instructors at well over $100000 and recently I communicated with an econ professor at UC iRVINE complaining about a potential paycheck cut whereby he would only get $250,000 a year...and this while he was emailing me during the day to advertise his for profit newsletter about economics during the day on the taxpayer's dime...not to mention the book he published which sells for $150 which MUST be used in introductory econ and the consulting fees he gets and the newsletter he sells and writes on taxpayer time.

I have a friend who teaches high school earth science who has made over $100000 a year since 1998. None of the aforementioned individuals is a manager or head of a department or supervisor or anything....just a straight teacher. It pays REAL WELL... My college roommate in Wisconsin teaches high school chorus and makes over $88000 a year. Their unions my dear....are successful telling you how "poorly paid" they are. Complete BS

Last edited:
Au contrare....Teaching pays QUITE well; their unions would have you believe that they are not well paid.....Average teacher in California for 9 months is $85000. I have done lots of payroll deduction 403bs so I have seen their paychecks. Try bachelor degree with a Reading Certificate at $92000; THIS WAS IN 1997!:GEEK: I have seen just as many junior college instructors at well over $100000 and recently I communicated with an econ professor at UC iRVINE complaining about a potential paycheck cut whereby he would only get $250,000 a year...and this while he was emailing me during the day to advertise his for profit newsletter about economics during the day on the taxpayer's dime...not to mention the book he published which sells for $150 which MUST be used in introductory econ and the consulting fees he gets and the newsletter he sells and writes on taxpayer time.

I have a friend who teaches high school earth science who has made over $100000 a year since 1998. None of the aforementioned individuals is a manager or head of a department or supervisor or anything....just a straight teacher. It pays REAL WELL... My college roommate in Wisconsin teaches high school chorus and makes over $88000 a year. Their unions my dear....are successful telling you how "poorly paid" they are. Complete BS

Starting pay here with a BS and teaching certificate is around 36,000 to 40,000 a year. It varies a little based on the school district within the state. Not sure where they top out at. A married couple would have a nice income if both were teachers, but they won't get rich either.

Starting pay here with a BS and teaching certificate is around 36,000 to 40,000 a year. It varies a little based on the school district within the state. Not sure where they top out at. A married couple would have a nice income if both were teachers, but they won't get rich either.

I was a teacher prior to selling insurance and you're pretty accurate. I think I started out just under $30k. If you have your masters plus 30 hours, you top out just under $70k after 20 years of experience.

I was a teacher prior to selling insurance and you're pretty accurate. I think I started out just under $30k. If you have your masters plus 30 hours, you top out just under $70k after 20 years of experience.

Things change. Portland Schools in Maine changed thier formula it no longer deals with the actual degree but just completed credit hours topped out the last time I looked at 90K+. True you won't get rich with that type of pay but when the median income in the state for 12 months of labor is in the 40K range teachers are not exactly under paid when you factor in the excellent benefits package and the pension.

Things change. Portland Schools in Maine changed thier formula it no longer deals with the actual degree but just completed credit hours topped out the last time I looked at 90K+. True you won't get rich with that type of pay but when the median income in the state for 12 months of labor is in the 40K range teachers are not exactly under paid when you factor in the excellent benefits package and the pension.

I'd say its typical of income in general. People in the South get paid less. Of course, we have a lower cost of living as well. Excluding maybe Atlanta and Miami, $2000 a month gets you a home, not an apartment.

Back