Buying Life Insurance on Parents New York

NewbieTotheGame

I was wondering if I could purchase life insurance on my parents in New York State without them knowing about it? I'm in my mid twenties and they're in their mid fifties and they have a sizable mortgage currently.

I'd prefer them not knowing about it if possible as it seems kind of wrong to purchase it on them but I do not trust their financial judgement.

Thanks

Actually no, you can't purchase coverage on your parents without their consent. About the only people you can purchase coverage on without consent is children.

It's not wrong if there is a need. Just consider the alternative. Make sure all family members are covered or at least allow them to tell you no so at least you can have a clear conscience just in case.

How big is the mortgage? Are you sure you can't convince them to spend $50 bucks a month to keep their children from having to liquidate the home?

I know how unreasonable some parents can be though, but I would try before you assume they won't do it.

You need sigs and consent for an annuity too, but you could make someone a beneficiary without them knowing. That doesn't really help him though

Last edited:
Back