• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

California man sentenced for drowning his two sons in 'diabolical' insurance scheme, prosecutors say

Well, ain't THIS a fun read 1 hour before I take my life insurance law exam for my CLU!

Don't worry - when I took mine, there were zero questions about drowning your children. May be different in your state.

Just watch any Dateline or 48 hours episode where one spouse is accused of killing the other. As soon as they mention the deceased had insurance and the spouse is the beneficiary, they are going to jail.

It's normally some dinky policy too that's been in force for years.

There's a YouTube channel called "That Chapter" which has brief (20-30 mins) interesting true crime stories. I swear 80%+ of them involve life insurance. The guy who does them even jokes about it.

And yeah, it's usually $5,000-$25,000. I only remember one episode where it was more than $1 million, and that was on a woman who was an executive and had a multi-million estate to begin with, so the insurance was just a cherry on top.

I mean, I wouldn't kill anyone for life insurance even if it was $1 billion, but if I was to consider such a heinous act, it sure as hell wouldn't be for five grand.

worse then that he had special needs kids

Well, yeah. My mother is bipolar, my dad is autistic, and I was diagnosed with ADHD. Take a look at the three of us and the lives we live, trust me, nobody feels sorry for us.

I would probably pass for autism too. I'm willing to bet 90% of any sales staff would be diagnosed with ADD or ADHD, most engineers with autism, artists and musicians with emotional or chemical disorders, and on and on. Everyone gets a label these days so they can have a "struggle" and the drug companies can sell meds, instead of that person working on their issues.

But still, the guy was a piece of crap.

Last edited:
Well, yeah. My mother is bipolar, my dad is autistic, and I was diagnosed with ADHD. Take a look at the three of us and the lives we live, trust me, nobody feels sorry for us.

I would probably pass for autism too. I'm willing to bet 90% of any sales staff would be diagnosed with ADD or ADHD, most engineers with autism, artists and musicians with emotional or chemical disorders, and on and on. Everyone gets a label these days so they can have a "struggle" and the drug companies can sell meds, instead of that person working on their issues.

But still, the guy was a piece of crap.
'
My Youngest is severely autistic my oldest and myself may be Aspergers

especially so the guy is a pos If you ever look into a autistics severely autistics eyes when you connect

Then I'm sure you find it as frustrating as I do when someone waves around a mild condition like a hat or a new pair of socks, when you have a young one at home that's struggling.

Then I'm sure you find it as frustrating as I do when someone waves around a mild condition like a hat or a new pair of socks, when you have a young one at home that's struggling.

OMG The world wants you to take a condition and be useless

I had to fight all my life I try and instill this in my son

I love the song head keeper dave mason

Because our prisons many time (not always) but many time our own illusion we make for ourselves

Last edited:
Back