Calling for Med Supps on a Dialer and Part D

I have a dialer which I've hardly used yet but am about to for Med Supps. I'll be calling (using scrubbed lists) for both T65s and 65 + for medically underwritten policies.

My question is, since you can't cold call for MAPD or Part D, how do you handle this and remain compliant for the T65s as they will need a Part D?

If you consistently generate MA or PDP sales by cold calling for med supps that is considered a bait and switch tactic to bypass the CMS PTC rules.Best to not cold call for med supps if you are certified to sell MA/PDP. UHC/AARP doesn't allow cold calling for their med supps however there is no scope of appointment required.

In California they do.

It’s possible that you’re thinking that UHC does not let you cold call. You don’t need a soa for med supp

Just because scopes say “med supp” doesn’t mean you need a scope for med supps. Uhc does not require a scope. That’s silly

Read the UHC SOA form. On page 1 it has a list of product that the agent discussed. The 3rd box is: "Medicare Supplement (MediGap) plans.
The generic scope has Medigap, dental/vision and hospital indemnity, none of which require a scope. Because it’s on the form doesn’t mean it’s required. UHC has NEVER required a scope for a Medigap. The existing rules are onerous enough. Why would they add unnecessary ones?

Read the UHC SOA form. On page 1 it has a list of product that the agent discussed. The 3rd box is: "Medicare Supplement (MediGap) plans.

If you are an MA or PDP appointment as a result of compliant PTC AND you also plan on talking about med supps then get Scope.If you are on a med supp only appointment then it is not required but what ever you don't even mention the word MA or PDP haha

Hi, KGMom I wasn't at all upset that I was referred to as a "He,".. Just pointing out I'm a "She" And yes, this can be a fun place;). I'm fired up about getting started on the dialer to build up my book. Last year I had two financial advisors want me to come work for them (one as a 1099, the other as an employee), assign my commissions to them, train their employees on Medicare and move my contracts under their respective FMOs. No, thanks!

Latest posts

Back