Can anyone point us to a good IMO for FB/FEX tele-sales without all the games and fees?

Jim Stout

A few months ago I was telling a friend of mine who was in the insurance business that my son-in-law had hurt his back and wasn't able to work outside the home. She suggested that he get his life, health & annuity license and work from home selling health insurance over the phone from home with the company she was just starting with. I've been a real estate broker for over 20 years and she said it would be good for me too with my 35 years of sales experience, to sell insurance part time from home when real estate sales were slow. She talked up her new company so much that another daughter of mine who suffers from migraines at least 25 days a month making it hard to work outside the home, decided to get licensed, as well. So we took my friends advise and all 3 of us got licensed in FL. By the time we could start the onboarding process she called and told me she quit, the company sucked and she was leaving the insurance field all together.

So, the 3 of us decided we were never really interested in selling health and would all prefer to sell life insurance. We all want to be our own independent agent. I have set up an agency for us to market ourselves as and we have our own lead source being set up. We have no need for leads, but could obviously use some basic training to get up and running efficiently. However, we have struggled to find a decent IMO or NMO to work through and get connected with the carriers. We have already acquired and set up our own lead source and will have very warm, fresh leads. We are wanting to start out selling term and IUL with living benefits as our staple, but want to offer FE and Mortgage Protection as a compliment to the Living Benefits main offering. Every company I google ends up being an MLM and wants to control what we do, when we sell, how many hours we sell, and how we do it.

We are looking at Insurance Toolkits for our quoter, Lead Latchers for our leads and CRM. We just want an honest IMO or NMO who allows tele-sales (zoom) from home on our schedules, that will offer a fair commission, some optional training materials and opportunities, no required meetings and allow us to be paid directly from the carrier. I spoke with one mentioned in the forum before FEXcontracting, seemed perfect, but he said they don't want tele-sales agents, only face-to-face. He suggested Digital BGA though. Any thoughts from anyone?

I know our IMO has to be out there. We are anxious to get started selling, but are being very cautious so we don't waste any time barking up the wrong tree.

Can anyone here on the Forum point us in the right direction to an IMO that we can build a long term independent career with without all the games and high fees?

I feel strongly that any agent wanting to sell life insurance by phone needs to go with Digital BGA. BUT only if you are going to forget your preconcieved idea of how you think it should work and go with their plan of how it does work.

Being in Florida you might also consider Doug Massey who also has a telesales agency and works somewhat with Jeff Root’s system.

If you just want contracts and much less of a structure, Todd King might be the guy for you.

IUL with living benefits as our staple, but want to offer FE and Mortgage Protection as a compliment to the Living Benefits main offering. Every company I google ends up being an MLM and wants to control what we do, when we sell, how many hours we sell, and how we do it.
IUL w/ living benefits and mortgage protection are gimmicky approaches so you're getting IMOs like that.

You can just contract with regular IMOs (like Crump, Ash, FIG, etc.) that offer the products/carriers you want to sell and do everything else on your own (use carrier eApps, your own CRM, your own marketing, etc.)

You don't even need to use the same IMO. You can have one for your IUL and another for your mortgage protection and a third for FE. Or 10 different ones if you want to.

Newby's advice above is good as well. Those are all good operations.

A few months ago I was telling a friend of mine who was in the insurance business that my son-in-law had hurt his back and wasn't able to work outside the home. She suggested that he get his life, health & annuity license and work from home selling health insurance over the phone from home with the company she was just starting with. I've been a real estate broker for over 20 years and she said it would be good for me too with my 35 years of sales experience, to sell insurance part time from home when real estate sales were slow. She talked up her new company so much that another daughter of mine who suffers from migraines at least 25 days a month making it hard to work outside the home, decided to get licensed, as well. So we took my friends advise and all 3 of us got licensed in FL. By the time we could start the onboarding process she called and told me she quit, the company sucked and she was leaving the insurance field all together.

So, the 3 of us decided we were never really interested in selling health and would all prefer to sell life insurance. We all want to be our own independent agent. I have set up an agency for us to market ourselves as and we have our own lead source being set up. We have no need for leads, but could obviously use some basic training to get up and running efficiently. However, we have struggled to find a decent IMO or NMO to work through and get connected with the carriers. We have already acquired and set up our own lead source and will have very warm, fresh leads. We are wanting to start out selling term and IUL with living benefits as our staple, but want to offer FE and Mortgage Protection as a compliment to the Living Benefits main offering. Every company I google ends up being an MLM and wants to control what we do, when we sell, how many hours we sell, and how we do it.

We are looking at Insurance Toolkits for our quoter, Lead Latchers for our leads and CRM. We just want an honest IMO or NMO who allows tele-sales (zoom) from home on our schedules, that will offer a fair commission, some optional training materials and opportunities, no required meetings and allow us to be paid directly from the carrier. I spoke with one mentioned in the forum before FEXcontracting, seemed perfect, but he said they don't want tele-sales agents, only face-to-face. He suggested Digital BGA though. Any thoughts from anyone?

I know our IMO has to be out there. We are anxious to get started selling, but are being very cautious so we don't waste any time barking up the wrong tree.

Can anyone here on the Forum point us in the right direction to an IMO that we can build a long term independent career with without all the games and high fees?
Since you are in FL check with Levinson. They are a top notch brokerage. Offer training and all the products you want. They also have a scholarship program you can offer wlth several of their products.
[EXTERNAL LINK] - Levinson & Associates – Brokerage General Agency

Hi Jim. My agency, The Atticus Group, does joint work writing IUL life policies with Lincoln, Symetra, Nationwide and Penn. We are directly appointed with Symetra. We go through Lion Street and FFR for the other carriers. We split all commissions and renewals 50/50 with our referral partners and you will be paid directly by carrier. You refer cases to us and we do all of the heavy lifting. We're a remote agency and can write business in any state. Please let me know if you'd like to chat more.

You could check out Global Renaissance Insurance. I'm with them. They allow you to be independent and we allow Telesales. In fact we prefer that. We use National Life Group as our carrier. Also,we have a vendor which can provide you with quality leads.

Back