Looking to Join IMO not MLM Life Ins. Sales

Success2025B

Hi,
I am interested to join a IMO not MLM to sell life and disability insurance remotely. Currently have my New Hampshire P&C, Life Ins. licenses and working on obtaining Health license now. Interested in remote, 40+ hours weekly, my own schedule, fresh leads and be able to sell the first week I start with high commissions. Thank you.

What is the difference in commission % if the leads are provided vs. buying leads, does the cost of buying leads provide a high enough return to cover the cost?

"Start with high commissions"
You have no experience in Life and DI.
You have not paid for one piece of business yet you want some IMO to drop their pants and pay you at the highest level?
Why not go with an IMO who gives you a reasonable payout and provides you with training.?
Everyone wants to get paid fairly but you are not bringing much to the table.
Maybe an IMO that can help you develop and grow your business is more important......for now.

What is the difference in commission % if the leads are provided vs. buying leads, does the cost of buying leads provide a high enough return to cover the cost?
Usually they will reduce your commission by about double the cost of the highest quality leads known to man. BUT the leads they will supply you with are low quality junk that have usually been recycled 3 to 4 times before you got them.

Always keep this idea in mind:

The more they do FOR you... the less they NEED you and will PAY you.

Beware of trading fixed costs for lower compensation. Even if you do that starting out, find a way to transition off that quickly.

Jim Rohn said "Profits are better than wages." You need to be on the side of generating as much profits as you can, but YOU have to increase your skills and resourcefulness to really capitalize on that.

That being said, depending on your focus, I know that @Rearden has his own final expense program where you can get free leads, but you get less compensation. [EXTERNAL LINK] - The DIG Agency! | Recruiting Agents To Become Top Producers In Final Expense! - Duford Insurance Group

I cannot speak FOR him but let's assume that standard FE comp is 120% (which it generally is). With free leads, you might only get 70%. That's a 50% difference in compensation.

Assuming a $100/month sale:
120% would be $1,440 (not factoring in that you might only get 75% of that up front).
70% of the same $1,200 sale = $840, not $1,440.
The difference: $600.
That's an expensive 'free lead'.

Btw, to give Rearden proper credit: he offers both. I didn't mean to have it read like he only does free leads programs at lower commission levels.

Last edited:
My agency does joint work writing life policies with Lincoln, Symetra, Nationwide and Penn. We split all commissions and renewals 50/50 with our referral partners. You refer the case to us and we do all of the paperwork and heavy lifting. We're a remote agency and can write business in any state. Let me know if you have any interest in chatting more.

Back