Can I replace my roof after hail storm damage before claim is settled with my insurance company?

Reply to adjusterjack:

>>> Given that description I would lean toward a 100% roof replacement. However I would still like to see the photos. You wrote that you took some. Please upload them. However if your inspector's report has better photos take your cell phone or digital camera, photograph the photos without any identifying information, transfer them to your computer and upload them here.

I have attached the 1st 2 photos I took with my cell phone. I took them before I even got off the ladder and stepped onto the roof. This is what I saw all over the roof.

>>> Good. The advantage of that is that the DFS writes to a corporate executive who gets antsy when he finds out his front line people are screwing a customer. Then it trickles down from executive to executive to manager to supervisor with everybody required to explain themselves and it eventually puts the claim rep in the hot seat.

Yes, I am glad I complained to Florida's DFS also. I got some wonderful, experienced advice from them also.

>>> I'll be more than happy to provide additional help once I've seen the photos.

Repeat from above: I have attached the 1st 2 photos I took with my cell phone. I took them before I even got off the ladder and stepped onto the roof. This is what I saw all over the roof.)
IMG_20200609_055031358.jpg IMG_20200609_055039079.jpg

Oh, unfortunately, I have not encountered this. But this is very unpleasant, I understand. I also live in a city where there are storms, and I always check the roof after that. And almost every time it gets damaged, and I'm sometimes lucky that I don't have to fix it, but it's very rare. So after another storm, I had half of the roof collapsed. I didn't know what to do anymore. I knew I couldn't fix it myself. It's good that I have a friend who works in a roof repair agency city2surfroofing.com.au. He advised me good people, and thank God everything was resolved, and I did not have to spend a lot of money on it. And I was also told that I applied in time. Otherwise, I would have had to change the entire roof.

Last edited:
This gives me the opportunity to talk about public adjusters.

Let's use a roof as an example. The roof costs 10,000 to replace. Public adjuster charges 15%. That leaves you with 8,500 to replace your roof (less your deductible). You probably wouldn't hire a public adjuster if you knew that was the outcome. What does the public adjuster do to get customers. He promises to get you 11,500 so he gets his 15% and you get enough to replace your roof. How does he do that? He inflates the repair estimate.

What do we call that, class? INSURANCE FRAUD.

I dealt with public adjusters for years. They are scammers. Beware.

Unfortunately, I don’t understand these legal delays. That’s why you should hire a qualified lawyer first. He will probably provide you with all the most important and necessary information. Btw, I bought a new house on the outskirts last month. First, I decided to replace the roof with high-quality insulated roofing systems. Btw, many neighbors say that the weather conditions leave much to be desired. A storm destroyed half of the houses two years ago. I hope I won’t run into similar problems in the future.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I don’t understand these legal delays. That’s why you should hire a qualified lawyer first. He will probably provide you with all the most important and necessary information.
Waiting for your next post which will invariably contain Spam. You NEVER involve an attorney until you have a grievance.

Back