Cancer Plan Cross selling From medicare

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
Any buddy doing it?

If so what's average premium and Face amount?

How receptive?

Mainly med supp clients or MA clients open as well?

What are the top companies sold by people who are selling this to seniors?

I did try unl a few years ago and I think the complication, slowed the sales process, a simple face amount might be more productive, Though I really liked the UNL option myself

I am told by FMO, Aetna, Mutual and GTL are the top companies to use for this type, But I am intrested too hear what other say about this

I use GTL for seniors. It's very good--I haven't had claims yet bc I just started it in October 2021, but plenty people I work with in MI have and they like it. I know you are very good at comparing benefits, take a peek at that.

I wish I had a better contract but it's too late for now. I only have a 50%/6 month. They run bonuses per app starting as low as 10 turned in. Commish is paid fast...sign em up today, direct deposit next wednesday. If you choose to do this, there are a few things to know: one is they automatically set you up on "as earned" if you want advance you have to clarify and send in the banking eft info.

Average premium is $65/70, and all the co-pays for hospital, SNF, ambulance etc covered. You could do like some I see and leave some off to lower it, but thats always a disservice...I do the advantage elite plus but there are other options.

When I start to bring it up I ask if they know what Aflac is, they say yes ...then I explain GTL and how it works (I clarify this isn't aflac, just an example). After the main Medicare 101 on yellow pad, I go more deep into this.

I give 3 options with that one in the middle and they often go for it.

First 6 weeks in my medicare career, I cross-sold 9-ish-off 3000 DMs I sent out right before AEP. Since then there have been more. I've been slacking now during lock-in but I do this for every T65 and MAPD people who qualify -- i've had Veterans balk, but some buy, and obviously this isn't a good fit for DSNP.

A few times now, I've come behind other agents who have sold Medico, not a bad plan and a lower premium but they left the cancer benefit off for whatever reason. I replace those and up the premium. Just takes a little explaining. Seniors WANT cancer benefits if they have a little money.

GI on the HI part 64 1/2- 65 1/2. Fairly easy underwriting. I feel like this is very helpful for those who are on MAPD and that's what they want and are used to. Plenty of MAPD people who qualify who are already on MAPD. It helps cover some of the gaps.

It's a decent commish, esp on twofers.

I'm considering going back to Assurity for U65 during lock-in. I used to sell a lot of that and they do pay claims timely and I have a special affinity for this company (higher contracts for some of us, very nice vacations to earn, and they pay claims timely and people like them). I've definitely had plenty good to say about this one bc I've had enough clients have claims to give it a good thumbs up. Very nice plans imo. Not sure if they have return of premiums anymore, haven't looked in a while, but those were super nice and people with money did buy. Even have some without much money paying good premiums on the CI plans. For awhile there I also did some of the DI plans. Probably never should've stopped. Long story, but I bailed completely out of the biz for appx 3 yrs.

I haven't had time to breath with the learning all this Medicare to do other things (other job and that) but this is on the agenda, going back to Assurity. I detest doing U65 now, but would do it again just to do the Assurity. Eventually I will. Busy with med supp study today...ugh...and other job.

Also, GTL has a weird enrollment process where you have to have client call in to the company and do a verification call. I do this while I'm sitting with them from my own phone and guide them. But if you sell only over the phone, then you'd have to rely on them to do it and that might not work great.

Caveat: I'm not a big baller, just an average gal. But, I do write slowly and steadily. I also have some terrible weeks, esp this month. This was a good reminder to get back on this...thanks for even posting this bc it gave me a little spark to get back at the GTL.

I use GTL for seniors. It's very good--I haven't had claims yet bc I just started it in October 2021, but plenty people I work with in MI have and they like it. I know you are very good at comparing benefits, take a peek at that.

I wish I had a better contract but it's too late for now. I only have a 50%/6 month. They run bonuses per app starting as low as 10 turned in. Commish is paid fast...sign em up today, direct deposit next wednesday. If you choose to do this, there are a few things to know: one is they automatically set you up on "as earned" if you want advance you have to clarify and send in the banking eft info.

Average premium is $65/70, and all the co-pays for hospital, SNF, ambulance etc covered. You could do like some I see and leave some off to lower it, but thats always a disservice...I do the advantage elite plus but there are other options.

When I start to bring it up I ask if they know what Aflac is, they say yes ...then I explain GTL and how it works (I clarify this isn't aflac, just an example). After the main Medicare 101 on yellow pad, I go more deep into this.

I give 3 options with that one in the middle and they often go for it.

First 6 weeks in my medicare career, I cross-sold 9-ish-off 3000 DMs I sent out right before AEP. Since then there have been more. I've been slacking now during lock-in but I do this for every T65 and MAPD people who qualify -- i've had Veterans balk, but some buy, and obviously this isn't a good fit for DSNP.

A few times now, I've come behind other agents who have sold Medico, not a bad plan and a lower premium but they left the cancer benefit off for whatever reason. I replace those and up the premium. Just takes a little explaining. Seniors WANT cancer benefits if they have a little money.

GI on the HI part 64 1/2- 65 1/2. Fairly easy underwriting. I feel like this is very helpful for those who are on MAPD and that's what they want and are used to. Plenty of MAPD people who qualify who are already on MAPD. It helps cover some of the gaps.

It's a decent commish, esp on twofers.

I'm considering going back to Assurity for U65 during lock-in. I used to sell a lot of that and they do pay claims timely and I have a special affinity for this company (higher contracts for some of us, very nice vacations to earn, and they pay claims timely and people like them). I've definitely had plenty good to say about this one bc I've had enough clients have claims to give it a good thumbs up. Very nice plans imo. Not sure if they have return of premiums anymore, haven't looked in a while, but those were super nice and people with money did buy. Even have some without much money paying good premiums on the CI plans. For awhile there I also did some of the DI plans. Probably never should've stopped. Long story, but I bailed completely out of the biz for appx 3 yrs.

I haven't had time to breath with the learning all this Medicare to do other things (other job and that) but this is on the agenda, going back to Assurity. I detest doing U65 now, but would do it again just to do the Assurity. Eventually I will. Busy with med supp study today...ugh...and other job.

Also, GTL has a weird enrollment process where you have to have client call in to the company and do a verification call. I do this while I'm sitting with them from my own phone and guide them. But if you sell only over the phone, then you'd have to rely on them to do it and that might not work great.

Caveat: I'm not a big baller, just an average gal. But, I do write slowly and steadily. I also have some terrible weeks, esp this month. This was a good reminder to get back on this...thanks for even posting this bc it gave me a little spark to get back at the GTL.

a lot to read and 3rd way through I think you are talking about hosp indemnity I am talking about cancer plans spacificy

Ugh...my long posts irritate me too. lol. I try to be thorough but without writing a book...sorry. For the record, I can't help it and it's probably bc I wrote for a while with U of M/Carnegie professors. They always liked "wordy"... I refuse to go back and try to edit it to be shorter. lol. I just write fast and like to write whatever I want without a professor revising
a lot to read and 3rd way through I think you are talking about hosp indemnity I am talking about cancer plans spacificy

yes, but do have cancer plans. I'd assume if theyre good with HI with cancer added, then the claim paying would be good for just the cancer---commish too. Similar. Way company operates...i.e, verification calls, as earned vs advanced would still be the same.

I am referring to HI

I always add the cancer. You're right....different page it seems my apologies.

Any buddy doing it?

If so what's average premium and Face amount?

How receptive?

Mainly med supp clients or MA clients open as well?

What are the top companies sold by people who are selling this to seniors?

I did try unl a few years ago and I think the complication, slowed the sales process, a simple face amount might be more productive, Though I really liked the UNL option myself

I am told by FMO, Aetna, Mutual and GTL are the top companies to use for this type, But I am intrested too hear what other say about this
The difference between UNL and GTL....UNL has a schedule of benefits(can add lump sum rider) and GTL and Aetna are lump sum.

UNL isn't complicated unless you start adding riders.

Last edited:
The difference between UNL and GTL....UNL has a schedule of benefits(can add lump sum rider) and GTL and Aetna are ump sum.

UNL isn't complicated unless you start adding riders.

I dont think it is, But when I went over benies this much for this this much for that

They follow up with I need to study it and it dies

I am just going to keep it simple till I start selling some face benefit upon diagnosis, nothing to study nothing to think about

I dont think it is, But when I went over benies this much for this this much for that

They follow up with I need to study it and it dies

I am just going to keep it simple till I start selling some face benefit upon diagnosis, nothing to study nothing to think about
Good point. Just like the new Manhattan DVH is too complicated to explain compared to the original. K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid), especially in phone sales.

It's going to depend on the state and client age but you could set up your follow-up using customized links for cancer or even critical illness. Here is one of mine:

https://www.meetbreeze.com/agent/high-income-protection

Manhattan and National General have these too, although the Breeze integration is super slick.

I will say (full disclosure) that most of my market doesn't buy these products but maybe yours will?

Back