Captive -> Indy Question

scottstreet

Guru
100+ Post Club
I work as a captive for a firm that doesn't offer DI (Pru). if I want a DI quote I have to get the info send a request to Crump out brokerage for a quote.
Do Independents have access to the quote engines of all the companies they are appointed with or do you have to send the info to your IMO to get a quote?
Same question for perm UL/WL quotes?
I'd love to be able to give a DI quote on the initial cold meeting.
Any info is appreciated.
TIA, Jim

I work as a captive for a firm that doesn't offer DI (Pru). if I want a DI quote I have to get the info send a request to Crump out brokerage for a quote.
Do Independents have access to the quote engines of all the companies they are appointed with or do you have to send the info to your IMO to get a quote?
Same question for perm UL/WL quotes?
I'd love to be able to give a DI quote on the initial cold meeting.
Any info is appreciated.
TIA, Jim

I'm not a DI expert, but to me it's easier to send it to a brokerage and let them run the comparisons. Carriers such as Assurity will let you run DI quotes thru the illustration software, or you can just call them up and get a quote over the phone.

You can run GUL rates thru an ipipeline website. I use winflexweb or my brokerage to get WL rates for for my agents.

Gimp, so as an independent you have access to the illustration software of all the cos. you are appointed with? Does an IMO/GA give you access to winflex/ISP or some other that it is all loaded in or are they separate programs?

Gimp, so as an independent you have access to the illustration software of all the cos. you are appointed with? Does an IMO/GA give you access to winflex/ISP or some other that it is all loaded in or are they separate programs?

The company you are contracted with supplies the quote platform, either their own quote software like Assurity who has a simplified and fully underwritten DI product, or some like Mutual of Omaha for istance, use WinFlex.

Back