Car Insurance Quote Engine/FMO

Uncle John

Expert
I'm an independent broker who has been selling health and medicare and done well but i got my P&C license recently and am interested in selling specifically auto (my company name has gotten me lots of leads on my website). Does the P&C industry have FMO/IMO's that will register you with multiple carriers like the life,health side? Do you guys have any recommendations for quote engines for auto? I'm in Texas by the way.

The FMO/IMOs in PC are loosely called Clusters and yes there are lots of them.

But....before you do all of this exploring you need to figure exactly what type of auto you will be selling?
-Consumers who bundle with Home and Umb
-Antique Classics
-Young Folks shopping on Price
-Hard to write autos - DUIs, No prior Ins, etc

Assume you are taking about Personal Lines, in Texas?
Work from home or office space?

Once you have a handle on this we can be of more help.

The FMO/IMOs in PC are loosely called Clusters and yes there are lots of them.

But....before you do all of this exploring you need to figure exactly what type of auto you will be selling?
-Consumers who bundle with Home and Umb
-Antique Classics
-Young Folks shopping on Price
-Hard to write autos - DUIs, No prior Ins, etc

Assume you are taking about Personal Lines, in Texas?
Work from home or office space?

Once you have a handle on this we can be of more help.

@marindependent

Thank you for your reply! I was thinking of doing just auto by itself kinding of aiming for shopping on price, can you tell me abut how claims works in this industry? Am i really involved in helping as the broker? Or do they just go to the carrier?

bumping this thread
You did not mention if you were doing commercial or personal auto. I feel like personal auto insurance is very easy to explain and can bring in some great premium. I would say on a scale of 1-10 it takes about a 4 for the amount of service required to maintain the policy. For commercial, it depends on the company. If you are servicing the autos for a company that constantly needs certificates of liability, service might be more work. Really easy to upsell as well. People use their cars all day every day, it is a really important coverage so do not cheap out on it.

I'm an independent broker who has been selling health and medicare and done well but i got my P&C license recently and am interested in selling specifically auto (my company name has gotten me lots of leads on my website). Does the P&C industry have FMO/IMO's that will register you with multiple carriers like the life,health side? Do you guys have any recommendations for quote engines for auto? I'm in Texas by the way.

Also... talk to some people in the area and find the cheapest companies in your area and find a cluster that can find you a direct contract. Do not settle for a "70/30 split commission + $500 per month fee + 10 Year commitment + High quota " cluster. Also direct underwriting access is extremely important to auto insurance.

@romeroaaron

Thanks man, do you know any other companies like LexisNexis I can research? What sould i search for in google to find these companies? I don't see anything when i type in P&C clusters for agents, etc.

Back