Career Change Considering Insurance

I was referring to the ability to relate to people with those common traits via personal communication. Based on my 6 years of commission sales experience I consistently made sales that others shied away from by talking to those more difficult personality types.

You will be hard pressed to make a living off selling "tire kickers".

Another thing to watch out for is over complicating the sale of anything... not a way in which to do business. If you are a "technical" guy, I would find ways of using those skills to simplify basic concepts.

I'm an FE guy for the most part, so you might find my approach doesn't fit what you might be looking for. I do believe however; that the philosophy of sales in general is very much the same, though the execution of sales may differ.

Wish you the best. :)

I have a desire to start part time. Thanks all the feedback in the thread so far. It's been insightful and helpful.

I have 24 years in a very good career, but making it the remaining 6 years to maximize the retirement benefits may not work out based on the current trend of reducing headcount for anyone >55 years old.

That is why I'm exploring the insurance field again.

Back