Careful Knocking on Those Doors Out There

A long time ago I sold siding, sofits, kitchen, baths and room additions D2D. I knocked on the door and a guy says who is it? It's Glenn with ** construction. Guy says "Go ahead an open it". He sounded old so I figured he must have a hard time doing that on his own. I open the door and a late 70's white male is sitting in what had to be the oldest recliner chair known to exist. Only wearing whitey tighties and holding a shot gun. He asked me "what the F#ck do you want, are you gonna try and sell me something? I said F#ck no I just wanted to say hi. He replied with "good answer, now, close my f#cking door". I closed the door slowly and said "have a nice day". He said "you too kid". I will never forget that encounter

saleen297 said:
A long time ago I sold siding, sofits, kitchen, baths and room additions D2D. I knocked on the door and a guy says who is it? It's Glenn with ** construction. Guy says "Go ahead an open it". He sounded old so I figured he must have a hard time doing that on his own. I open the door and a late 70's white male is sitting in what had to be the oldest recliner chair known to exist. Only wearing whitey tighties and holding a shot gun. He asked me "what the F#ck do you want, are you gonna try and sell me something? I said F#ck no I just wanted to say hi. He replied with "good answer, now, close my f#cking door". I closed the door slowly and said "have a nice day". He said "you too kid". I will never forget that encounter

Heck you gave up before the first objection. (I would have to)

Wonder what his reply would have been if you had looked him in the eye and said, "Of course I am".. :err:

Heck you gave up before the first objection. (I would have to)

rousemark said:
Wonder what his reply would have been if you had looked him in the eye and said, "Of course I am"..

I think Kenny Rogers said it best "Know when to walk away and know when to run"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I think Kenny Rogers said it best "Know when to walk away and know when to run"

Oh and I apologize ahead of time for getting this song stuck in your head :laugh:

Last edited:
Back