CARES ACT- Unemployment 1099

GaFeAgent28

As many of you know the CARE ACT provides unemployment benefits for 1099 contractor. Without having the ability to do f2f, will we as agents be eligible for this?

goillini52 said:

There are many ways to do this business and are adapting from F2F, to phone sales.

True, but while you transition from F2F sales, this would help financially.

I'm in PA and do mostly F2F sales for Medicare. I'm also a 1099 IC for benefits fairs. I can't do either right now, because besides the fact I wouldn't for health concerns, our DOI Commissioner prohibited F2F sales.

Also, for those of us who are bringing in a couple thousand a month in renewal income or more might find themselves paying that unemployment back at tax time next year.

DayTimer said:

Also, for those of us who are bringing in a couple thousand a month in renewal income or more might find themselves paying that unemployment back at tax time next year.

I worked part-time for the Federal Government until early last fall on a contract as a W-2, so I may be able to collect "partial" unemployment benefits. They emailed me last week that was on hold until further notice, if I was planning to work for them again.

But I was more thinking along the lines of applying for the Federal Cares Program. They have an option that may apply to my situation.

You would have to lie on the application. I’ve been trying to sign my mom up for the last week with no success.
One of the questions ask if you’ll make more than $275 in a week during this time.

You would have to lie on the application ... One of the questions ask if you’ll make more than $275 in a week during this time.

Well, if you're making $275/week, why would possibly require any additional assistance?

Politicians are so out of touch with the world. There really needs to be a two term limit on Senators, and a six term limit on US Representatives. The idea that experience matters if full of crap.

Twelve years of making six figures off the tax payers's teats is more than enough for any one life time.

Last edited:
Well, if you're making $275/week, why would possibly require any additional assistance?

Politicians are so out of touch with the world. There really needs to be a two term limit on Senators, and a six term limit on US Representatives. The idea that experience matters if full of crap.

Twelve years of making six figures off the tax payers's teats is more than enough for any one life time.
Yes, and those asswipes get a hell of a retirement plan.

Back