CC Times, Voice Mail

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
When cold calling individuals for Medicare, are there hours and days that are more productive? Same question for hours and days that are not productive.

When you get voice mail, do you leave a message?

When cold calling individuals for Medicare, are there hours and days that are more productive? Same question for hours and days that are not productive.

I just started cold calling, but I don't leave a message. I get more call backs without then when I left one. I mark them as no answer and when I am done with my list I start over with those. I can't see a pattern on what time of day is the best. I only call Monday through Wednesday. The rule that I have seen all over the forum seems to fall true, 100 calls = 2 appointments.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

I wouldn't call before 9AM or after 9PM(I think legally you have to stop at 9PM). I usually stop between 8:30 and 8:45PM. I start having a few get cranky after 8PM...but not enough to stop at that time.

After I've called 6-8 times w/no answer I'll leave a message, because it's obvious they're not going to answer...so what have I got to lose. I've only had a couple return my call...one was to tell me not to call again. LOL

My thought is no calling after 5PM, but you are calling PM's? How does that work for you?

My thought is no calling after 5PM, but you are calling PM's? How does that work for you?

I catch more people at home at night. Those old folks run around a lot during the day. Since it's staying light later, I've stopped telemarketing and door knocking til dark.

As far as the time...it's what YOU feel comfortable with.

It's a different crowd.

The most productive times I've seen where 10-12, 1-3:30, 6-8, and in that order. The earlier it is the better, except with the 6-8 you're getting the working/active crowd. If you were only going to call for 2 hours a day I'd make 10-12 be those times.

Monday through Thursday were the best. Fridays are also fine, but only if you're working on Saturday.

It's a different crowd.

The most productive times I've seen where 10-12, 1-3:30, 6-8, and in that order. The earlier it is the better, except with the 6-8 you're getting the working/active crowd. If you were only going to call for 2 hours a day I'd make 10-12 be those times.

Monday through Thursday were the best. Fridays are also fine, but only if you're working on Saturday.

Good feedback Josh with the breakdown in those blocks of time. If someone was going to only be calling a couple of hours a day they could make the 10-12 time slot their primary calling time and for those on their list that they find they could not reach during that time they could set aside one evening during the week to call from 6 to 8 PM to try to reach those in the evening that they can't reach during the day.

I find that my callers don't get leads too early (before 10:30) and that the afternoon is usually best (after 2pm).
We don't leave a message, but we get a ton of callbacks. Now when I am calling them back I won't leave a message the first time calling but afterwords I will leave 2 messages in the next two days. Then I just randomly call them back at different times. I find its always easiest to get ahold of people after 5pm, but then again I want to go out and golf or something...I call them my nightbirds or nightcrowd.

I still don't CC Bill, but I have hired someone to do it for me. Minimal success so far. There is a learning curve for me and the TM.

Back