ChatGPT Writes Ransomware

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
This morning I decided to write some ransomware.

I've never done it before, and I can't code in C, the language ransomware is mostly commonly written in, but I have a reasonably good idea of what ransomware does. Previously, this lack of technical skills would have served as something of a barrier to my "criminal" ambitions. I'd have been left with little choice but to hang out on dodgy Internet forums or to sidle up to people wearing hoodies in the hope they're prepared to trade their morals for money. Not anymore though.

Now we live in the era of Internet-accessible Large Language Models (LLMs), so we have helpers like ChatGPT that can breathe life into the flimsiest passing thoughts, and nobody needs to have an awkward conversation about deodorant.

So I thought I'd ask ChatGPT to help me write some ransomware.
[EXTERNAL LINK] - ChatGPT happy to write ransomware, just really bad at it

Personally, I think we are on the cusp of the AI era, the greatest technological advancement since the advent of the internet.

Before working in insurance, I worked for a large technology company. Around 2015, they told me about this new tech that would revolutionize the world called machine learning AI. Back then, I thought it was complete BS and figured it was a gimmick.

Every year since then, I have been proven wrong. It is advancing at an alarming rate. Think about the internet & computers from 1993 versus today. It's only been 30 years and things have changed drastically.

I think our days are numbered with AI. People are currently in a state of denial. ChatGPT is to AI what the internet was in 1993 compared to the modern internet. ChatGPT will be seen as the AOL of this generation. It's just a matter of time at this point..

Back