Cheapest Disability Carrier

Scotty1980

Super Genius
I do mostly final expense but want to get in to disability insurance as I have had a few customers inquire.

My main questions are which carrier is the

cheapest?
best?
easiest to deal with?

Also which offer the highest commissions?

Thanks for the help

I do mostly final expense but want to get in to disability insurance as I have had a few customers inquire.

cheapest?
best?
easiest to deal with?

Thanks for the help

Cheapest and DI do not normally go well together. However you will find that a guaranteed renewalable policy would be cheaper than the same policy that is noncancellable.

The first question would be who is your client these di carriers have thier niches be it white collar or blue collar. Good blue collar carriers might be Illinois Mutual, Mutual of Omaha and others.

cheapest?
best?
easiest to deal with?

Thanks for the help

If you're prospecting for FE and they are asking you about DI then you are either going after the wrong people for FE or you need to tell the FE prospects they're a tad too old for DI.

Cheap, easy to work with, and high commissions shouldn't even be a consideration when it comes to DI.

The product is pricey (because it has a pretty high probability of claim), underwriting is generally brutal, and commissions are pretty much the same with all the quality carriers.

I don't see a true FE producers transitioning well into DI. CI maybe, but DI no.

I don't see a true FE producers transitioning well into DI. CI maybe, but DI no.

I agree, the FE market and the DI market are very different prospects.

If a FE prospect asks about DI your first question should be "whats your health issue"... because I guarantee you there is an underlying issue

I agree, the FE market and the DI market are very different prospects.

If a FE prospect asks about DI your first question should be "whats your health issue"... because I guarantee you there is an underlying issue

You said everything I was going to say! :yes:

Back