Child Left Off when Applying

agentjhc

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have a client that filled out his exchange plan for his family while he was sitting in the hospital with his terminally ill wife. He feels he put his sons name in but no SS# He received his health cards and he and his daughter received one but not his son.

Optons to get son covered?

Add before 1/31?

I have a client that filled out his exchange plan for his family while he was sitting in the hospital with his terminally ill wife. He feels he put his sons name in but no SS# He received his health cards and he and his daughter received one but not his son.

Add before 1/31?

call the insurance company........and as his agent you did not check to see if everyone was on........

Add before 1/31?

Contacting the carrier regarding the matter will only have the carrier refer the client to contact the MP. Carrier only goes with the data on the 834 file sent from the MP.

Depending on income and the location the child could have been kicked to Medicaid or CHIP.

If not kicked to CHIP or Medicaid contact the MP and check the application to ensure that the eligibility notice has all parties on the plan. If it doesn't then they need to update the application.

Looked it up. Child wasnt left off. He was placed on Medicaid.

----------

----------

Back