Cigna Health

Got this email today for FL agents. I have been thinking of not using Aetna anymore as we now have Cigna to offer. For those who are not Cigna fans, who would you prefer writing Cigna or Aetna knowing that Aetna owes your agency unpaid commissions......and there is no way they are going to pay them (been trying for over 6 mths).

The CIGNA HealthCare Individual rates will be available to quote:
Effective this Friday January 9th, 2009

www.cignaforbrokers.com

Cigna is now on NORVAX as of today.... say thank you

big-deal-close.jpg

Cigna has been in FL for about 3 months or so. The plans are pretty standard. The rates are very competitive in south FL. The commission is 20%. There underwriting is taking a good amount of time so far. They take two days to process an app, then they call it 7 to 10 days from there so 9 to 12 at least. Most take much longer. Customer service knows only what you can see on your agent site about your cases. Get a customer service rep to give you the UW's who's working on the case direct number. They are good about pulling my apps and completing them if its been long. Another plus is that CIGNA is very well known so a pretty easy sell.

Coming to GA soon. Roll out meeting in 2 weeks. Plans look almost identical to Aetna and underwriting is similar to what Aetna does now, but that will all change on 7/1 for Aetna. Haven't seen rates yet. Commission 20/5.

Do they have e-apps? Can't see doing a paper app when everyone else makes it easier.

Where can I quote Cigna rates? I submitted paperwork for them with HCO but they won't allow you to appoint without business to submit.

If can't register to use their site until I get appointed, how am I supposed to run quotes and write business?

Yet another carrier entering the indie marketing offering nothing special and under the mistaken belief that just their name alone will result in a decent portion of marketing share.

If you're a broker, like me trying to call direct and get some answers to contracting questions you just go into the VM circle of hell.

Cigna is very similar to Aetna as far as underwriting and their plans are concerned. They do not ryder conditions, just rate up. I'm not a huge fan of how pap smears, bone density screenings, and PSA goes towards ded but o well. Also, keep and eye on the co-insurance! The higher the deductible the higher the co-insurance. The 5k ded has another 5k in co-ins.

They are extremely backed up in FL still. The case updates on the website are useless as is the agent service line. I have managed to get a couple of contacts that allow me to get things done much faster. Also, the agent service line for UW updates, they don't know what they are talking about. If you need answers talk to sales. If you need action on an app, get the UW's direct line.

Back