Cigna Is Back After 18 Month Sanction

From the new agent perspective, I do have to say that I have been side tracked by LD's posts numerous times. It does, in fact, make it difficult to wade through to the heart of the truth sometimes.

I know I haven't contributed much to this forum myself BUT I do come here to learn - to follow in the footsteps of the successful agents who have come before me and those who are currently forging their way. Also, being a somewhat reserved person, anyway, I am much more reticent to post knowing that just anyone may critique my thinking or understanding.

From the new agent perspective, I do have to say that I have been side tracked by LD's posts numerous times. It does, in fact, make it difficult to wade through to the heart of the truth sometimes.

I know I haven't contributed much to this forum myself BUT I do come here to learn - to follow in the footsteps of the successful agents who have come before me and those who are currently forging their way. Also, being a somewhat reserved person, anyway, I am much more reticent to post knowing that just anyone may critique my thinking or understanding.

Thank you! Maybe LD will actually read this post and realize what we've tried to tell him. My guess is though, if he hasn't gotten it by now he probably never will!

I am much more reticent to post knowing that just anyone may critique my thinking or understanding.

Every AGENT on here started out knowing almost nothing. And most of us remember those days, especially before Algore invented the internet.

To find answers we had to ask our manager who may not know, may decide to BS their way through an answer, or is too pi$$ed off at (fill in the blank) and will tell you where to go.

This forum is a fount of information and most of the time it is accurate. Sometimes there are differences in opinion or interpretation, but not all questions have the same "right" answer.

In many cases, the answer is . . . it depends.

Thank you! Maybe LD will actually read this post and realize what we've tried to tell him. My guess is though, if he hasn't gotten it by now he probably never will!

I don't think he means any harm and perhaps he thinks one day he'll take the leap. I understand he looks as this from a customer's perspective of "knowledge is power" it's just that you are right about it having the potential for harm.

Some postings that I've read I think, "The certifications explain that." Other postings I think, "Did I miss something?" That's when it gets more difficult, as a new agent, to sort through and sometimes wait for everyone's responses to see the truth through the confusion. I'll be furiously scouring the internet, at times, searching for an explanation.

And, I don't mean to attack LD although it probably sounds like I am. If you're reading this, LD, you're probably thinking that you challenge agents to better understand what they do and why they do it. I get why you think that. I just think that if you had your license and took the certifications, you would have a whole new appreciation. Sometimes, you don't know what you don't know until you know that you don't know it.

Every AGENT on here started out knowing almost nothing. And most of us remember those days, especially before Algore invented the internet.

To find answers we had to ask our manager who may not know, may decide to BS their way through an answer, or is too pi$$ed off at (fill in the blank) and will tell you where to go.

This forum is a fount of information and most of the time it is accurate. Sometimes there are differences in opinion or interpretation, but not all questions have the same "right" answer.

In many cases, the answer is . . . it depends.

Al Gore didn't invent the internet???

When I left Allstate, I didn't know anyone who sold Senior products. That was probably the hardest part for me - not having someone to call, someone to ask questions of. That's why I lean so heavily on the Forum, at times.

And, I appreciate the "it depends" answers because sometimes what "it depends" on helps me sort and file some straggling question in my mind that I didn't know I had.

Last edited:
I used to really enjoy coming to this forum to see what help I could offer, as well as to learn a few things. Aside from overall quality going down a bit for whatever other reason, LD's posts have turned me off to the point that I'm out. LD you've taught me exactly how NOT to spend my time when I get your age. You think it's witty and helpful. In reality, it's really just pathetic.

Cheers everyone, wishing you all massive success. Those who know me offline, feel free to drop a line every now and then.

Ah Jesus...you letting some Moron run you off?

Just hit the ignore button (i'm gonna do it right now).

I'm also gonna report him to the Moderator (this shouldn't be allowed). There's a section for consumers to post their questions.

EDIT; I just hit the ignore button, and the thread size went down 60%.

He's gone...!

Back