CLUSTER, GROUP

MalikAkmal

HI,
I JUST START WORKING WITH FARMERS INSURANCE AGENCY, I AM NEW TO INSURANCE, I WANT TO BE INDEPENDENT, I AM IN TEXAS KATY, I WANT A GROUP, THAT EXCEL IN PROVIDING TRAINING IN ALL AREAS AS NEW INSURANCE AGENTS, WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO SELL POLICIES, I AM GOOD IN HUSTLING, COLD CALLING, KEEPING GOOD RELATIONS SHIPS ETC. ALSO, I DON'T LIKE DOWNLOADING QUOTE AND THEN EMAILING IT, TO CUSTOMERS, I WANT QUOTES SHOULD GO DIRECTLY TO CUSTOMERS, VIA EMAIL, OR SMS(IF POSSIBLE). 2ND THING I WANT REASONABLE QUOTE PRICE DIFFERENCE, WHERE I CAN HANDLE, A COUPLE OF HUNDRED DOLLARS DIFFERENCE NOT 1000.00- $2000.00

Hi Malik,

I have something you might be interested in looking at your preference in a cluster group. I am actually in Cypress, Texas near Katy. I started a group not too long ago. If you’d like more information about it feel free to private message me.

Welcome @MalikAkmal - while it might sound appealing to be an independent and even start your own agency its not at all realistic unless you have signficant experience in insurance. There are literally 100 + posts on this forum with the same advice: "Learn about insurance at a Captive Agency - Before you Head off On your Own."

The odds of success starting an independent agency with no experience are less than 1% while the chances of success after 3 plus years is perhaps 10% - 25% at best.

I wish you the best.

I DON'T LIKE DOWNLOADING QUOTE AND THEN EMAILING IT, TO CUSTOMERS, I WANT QUOTES SHOULD GO DIRECTLY TO CUSTOMERS, VIA EMAIL, OR SMS(IF POSSIBLE). 2ND THING I WANT REASONABLE QUOTE PRICE DIFFERENCE, WHERE I CAN HANDLE, A COUPLE OF HUNDRED DOLLARS DIFFERENCE NOT 1000.00- $2000.00

I don't think you quite understand how being an independent insurance agent works. Since you'll be working with multiple companies you'll have to learn the individual methods of how each one operates. Most companies won't send the quote directly to the customer, especially depending on the line of business, and quite frankly that's a base level service in our industry, to provide quotes a proposals.

The second thing you want would still be dependent on you as an independent agent. Competitive quotes don't just appear out of thin air, it takes your work, negotiation skills and market selection to make it happen.

If you're going to be lazy on the basics you won't make it, as you'll be competing against agents that are hungry for the business and willing to go the extra mile.

My suggestion, stay at Farmers for a while and learn or find a good independent to train and mentor you.

Back