CMS Certification

bluediamond

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Webinar this morning with company, only CMS will do the certification, 4 courses, 27 modules. Also one of the companies that had filed in Florida has pulled their plans and will re file at a later date.

Did they say if there would be a charge for it?
When did they estimate it would be up?

It is kinda weird how some companies don't want in on certain markets. I wonder what it is they are afraid of. Isn't the govt. back stopping the companies with reinsurance, maybe they think its not enough for the amount of risk. The blues don't seem to be scared.

I think its a combination of having to file in 50 states and if I am correct, the plans have to mirror one of the chosen plans in that state. So Aetna may choose a small footprint inside the exchange in a few states, but may offer plans in many more states outside the exchange. I guess we will learn more as time goes by. We are still waiting on our DOI to approve rates...

Did they give a date with the certification process would be available?

Norway guy may have that right. No dates and I've searching the internet to see if I could get a jump on it. I know the basic's but I have a feeling they'll want us to know much more to get certified and with 4 course's and 27 module's I'm hoping this old mind can absorb it.

Back