Columbian Won't Speak to Agents Even Though Client Gives Permission?

HIPAA has absolutely nothing to do with cash values, death benefits, etc.

Thankyou!!

"Hi, my name is baseball7 and I'm a friend of ___ and we just had a few questions on her coverage?"

"Policy Number? Oh I am sorry all the records are a bit of a mess and we're just trying to sort out what is what "

Is it just me or are the goal posts moving?

No.. that is my fault... Even though it is not correct, The term "HIPPA" has sort of become generic for all privacy issues when it comes to insurance. Kind of like referring to an RC or Pepsi as a "coke" in part of the south.

----------

Last edited:
Could be but when AIG cracked down on their CSRs about releasing info, they cited HIPPA.. But then, I am not quite as cynical about companies as you and tend to take them at their word.

Right, it's a HIPPA violation to give that information to the owner over the phone when an agent is present. It's no longer a IPPA violation to give that same info to the same owner over the phone if there is not an agent present.

I get where you're coming from now.

"Cynical" my ass!!:laugh:

Have the client do the talking, and follow a script you wrote out prior to the phone call regarding what questions and statements she needs to provide to get the job done.

Back