Come out, come out, wherever you are...

My question was in reference to the guy who did the TM interview. He made it sound critical to start with the highest number first. In my F&I days we always hit them high at first to bounce them off the ceiling. Then when they come back down you end up somewhere in the middle.

Most of my people seem to pick the middle number. I usually use three quotes not four. Not sure why some recommend four?

My question was in reference to the guy who did the TM interview. He made it sound critical to start with the highest number first. In my F&I days we always hit them high at first to bounce them off the ceiling. Then when they come back down you end up somewhere in the middle.

Most of my people seem to pick the middle number. I usually use three quotes not four. Not sure why some recommend four?
That's the "home run" quote. I guess they can't resist taking at least one swing for the fences.:laugh:

We use the same tactic. Hit the client with high price first, so the price you really want them to buy sounds more appealing. Classic auto sales tactic that works brilliantly in FE.

reminds me of a kid in his 20's who was turned over to me to arrange the financing on his used Dakota P/U truck he was trying to purchase. I asked him where he needed to be payment wise. He blurted out very quickly, sternly and to the point; I am willing to pay $150 to $175 per month and not a dollar more.

To which I stated, you need to pick out another truck cuz your not even close on this one. To which he asked me; well what would my payments be on this truck, to which I replied $350 maybe $375. He said ok I can live with that!

It took me ten minutes to figure out how I get his payments that high. I think I included croak and choke, rust lust and dust, a security system, window etching and a $2500 2 yr/24,000 mile limited drive train warranty.

Payment buyers are such laydowns. We used to refer to it as "Clubbing Baby Seals"

Back