Commissions from DI Carriers ?

Tony? Good DI is hard to place. Worry about finding someone who will take your friend and provide a premium he will pay..... Otherwise your commission rate will always be multiplied by 0..

disability is the hardest product to place. let me clarify, good disability is very hard to place. Commission is the last thing to worry about.

Tony? Good DI is hard to place. Worry about finding someone who will take your friend and provide a premium he will pay..... Otherwise your commission rate will always be multiplied by 0..

disability is the hardest product to place. let me clarify, good disability is very hard to place. Commission is the last thing to worry about.

Thanks L,

...getting that impression. What about GC's who just sit at a desk? Same thing?

Might be difficult. Assurity wanted last 2 years tax return for a auto repair technician I wrote recently. Disability income reqyiured was below 3K.

Take a look at the MoO underwriting guide up to a certain monthly amount is express underwriting without tax returns.

"What about GC's who just sit at a desk? Same thing? "

Has he ever had a cold? Underwriting is very tight for good DI. The hardest part about selling DI isn't the prospect, it's the underwriter. There's a real reason so many don't have DI and it isn't necessarily that they don't want it.

to your question... yes, it would make a difference... Hands on means lesser benefit and more expensive. Supervisory, hands off.. usually means better contract and lower price.

Good luck...

"What about GC's who just sit at a desk? Same thing? "

Has he ever had a cold? Underwriting is very tight for good DI. The hardest part about selling DI isn't the prospect, it's the underwriter. There's a real reason so many don't have DI and it isn't necessarily that they don't want it.

to your question... yes, it would make a difference... Hands on means lesser benefit and more expensive. Supervisory, hands off.. usually means better contract and lower price.

Good luck...

Thanks L,

This product its alot harder than what's led to believe.

"This product its alot harder than what's led to believe. "

For 25 years I always heard how underserved the market is and what a great opportunity it is for an agent.. Every so often, I buy in and write some business. About half makes it through.

The problem? the people that really believe in DI have had a brief situation sometime in their past... off work, no money for a few weeks is the best sales track you can imagine. They've experienced what it is like not to have it, so they want to get it now... Then underwriting finds out they've missed work in the past and it's game over...

Now don't get me wrong, I own and believe in DI. I just feel the underwriters try way to hard not to place business. That is why commission is so far down on the list.. Would I take less if the underwriting was more forgiving? Absolutely. It's just not worth the time spent trying convince both the prospect AND the underwriter.

Standard, Assurity and Met Life offer to contractors. They'll even potentially upgrade a contractor's occupation class if the client has been successfully self-employed for about 2-3 years.

I didn't say it was impossible, and there are more carriers than just those three who will do it. My inference was merely that it's a sh---y occupation to try and write DI.

Back