Commissions ?

My start was similar. 55%, as earned, all fully underwritten. No such thing as bought leads. I was assigned a non collecting debt area to work. We were taught to prospect. Class room for a week or so then ride alongs for a month or so. Did not know I could buy leads for about 10 years. Tried it and did not like it. Just ordered a batch of DM and TM FE leads as filler.

Last edited:
Good to see all these TOP producers all came from somewhat similar contract % paths. I have ALWAYS claimed I could have had 150% contracts and failed outta the biz in 6 months if I didn't have Ben T on my side providing the HANDS ON TRAINING I needed.

Good to see all these TOP producers all came from somewhat similar contract % paths. I have ALWAYS claimed I could have had 150% contracts and failed outta the biz in 6 months if I didn't have Ben T on my side providing the HANDS ON TRAINING I needed.

With me it was _would_ have failed out. Construction guy in a pickup to a suit guy? In a new yuppie area? Competing with new collage grads?

Interesting how they now call The Hudgins Sales System, the NAA Sales System. I hope they paid him off well. Great system.

As far as commission levels, I would bet nearly all agents with 5 or more years of experience have had to pay their dues with low levels in the 50% range.

Back