Comp Q: Med Supps Vs. Med Advantage

Rick
What does duals mean?

Dual Eligible, Someone could be on Medicaid and Medicare at the same time.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm guessing that 75% of my clients are duals. There are no alternatives to an MA plan.

Rick

Why are they leaving the Dual MA plan, is it due to the carrier leaving the area, and there aren't any other Dual plan options left?

Last edited:
You ROCK Rick!

However, Cali has higher taxes than let's say Florida, so isn't it a wash?

Not only that but we have nicer weather compared to most states. California is nice but you have to deal with all the nut jobs and the traffic. Hard to beat the weather in Florida. :yes:

Not only that but we have nicer weather compared to most states. California is nice but you have to deal with all the nut jobs and the traffic. Hard to beat the weather in Florida. :yes:

Nicer weather than California?

Are you crazy?

California has the BEST weather in the ENTIRE country.

Florida is way too humid, makes you feel like someone is trying to suffocate
you with some guy's jock strap.

Last edited:
I'm gonna second that one. Southern Cal has the BEST weather anywhere, year-round.

Right now, it's awesome in south Florida, no doubt. But check back with me in July. It'll be 88 to 94 degrees in Florida with 125% humidity. Meanwhile, southern Cal will be 68 to 72 and a few scattered clouds - pretty much the same as it is NOW.

Sorry Florida.
:twitchy:

Thanks for the discussion on MA comp.

One thing I didn't realize is that a large percentage of deals you are writing (Rick) are re-dos. That means half-commission, right? Even though you have to work hard all over again, just half-comp - right?

The other guy - I think - I think he was claiming to be dealing exclusively with new enrollees.

Is that possible?

Also, can people re-enroll on their own - so you don't have to go back and spend (waste) any more time with them next year -use that time to sell new enrollees instead??

This whole enrollment period is such CRAP in the first place. Especially when it is stuck right in the middle of the holidays. Everyone gets bogged down - processing times are ridiculous - can't get anyone to answer phones, etc.

Don't forget MA plans, aren't like Med Supps from I have learned, in that it's a PITA to get paid.

PaHealth, posted there is business from 12/2009 he has yet to be paid on. And if you do a search there are plenty of threads about agents, trying to figure out when they will get paid.

One thing I didn't realize is that a large percentage of deals you are writing (Rick) are re-dos. That means half-commission, right? Even though you have to work hard all over again, just half-comp - right?

You're almost correct. There is just as much or more work for "re-dos" but these are all new clients moving from one plan to another. So even though the commission is $250, it is new commission to me. I never count moving a current client because there is no gain in my income.

Rick

I would say during AEP around 50% of my MA business is RE-Do's. People who have one MA jumping to another MA. Dont mind the business as its money in my pocket. Humana lost a few KEY networks in PA and I picked up a bunch of thier clients. Also just about every PFFS plan in PA packed up and left.. so that was a boost for me as well.

I do believe agents are capable of making 100k plus during AEP. I'm sure some agents are working 60-70 hrs during AEP.

Cheers,
Joe

I'm at my office as I type(Sat 6:40PM) faxing app's to carriers.
Who needs a life when you can make money?

I was in earlier today taking calls and doing apps... 11-4 with my 3 yo daughter. she was tearin the place up. yes.. my daughter is here with me.. can you hear her screaming ? your cards will be mailed in 2 weeks, thanks for your business.

Back