Companies that Have Both Spouse and Child Term Riders.

Jerard

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pork County
Awhile back I was looking for companies with child riders and picked up Settlers for that reason. Now I realize I should have looked for a company that has both to begin with. So, other than Columbian does anyone have any suggestions?

I do not know of a Life insurance or FE policy that has a spouse rider. But most Life Insurance policies have child riders. If you find a term company that has a true spouse rider, like Primerica, they will be over priced. Like Primerica.

Also most spouse riders did not include the ABR (terminal illness rider)

A few companies may have a discount or policy fee waived for a companion app.

Most of us in the business for a while have found spouse and child riders to really be lacking the same benefits that the primary insured gets. They may be cheap, but in some ways they're not for what you get.

With the divorce rate above 50% it is not wise to tie both spouses together in one policy. Also, the spouse riders I've seen limit how much, how long and even reduce benefit for the person on the rider.

They're better off with their own policies as why should one spouse get a lesser policy than the other and I'm not even dealing with face amount?

Thanks for the responses. My position is that I deal with alot of the lower income clientele soas my philosophy is that I'd rather come away with a field goal if I can't get the touchdown (which sums up the Buc's season but we won't there right now...).

There has been times that if I had been able to make their monthly payment 10 bucks cheaper I would have come away with a sale...a smaller one....but one just the same. I would use this concept only as a last resort if I wasn't able to put individual policies on both the husband and wife. It looks like Columbian is one of the only companies that has these but I was seeing if there were other options out there. Naturally I would use RNA for most individual policies since the rates are better and you can't beat the extra benefits.

As my ex used to always remind me..."something is better than nothing...".

Back