Considering A Career With Northwestern Mutual

That was the goal last year too. How many do you think are still around?

I don't care what carrier you're with; interns are one of the banes of our existence. Outside of the top 5-10%, they write themselves, a couple of family members, and their drinking buddies. Then find out they can't hack it beyond their natural market and don't finish their apps. You're caught waiting weeks for requirements until someone else picks up the file who doesn't know the client from Adam... and the persistency stinks when they do place something.

I don't care what carrier you're with; interns are one of the banes of our existence. Outside of the top 5-10%, they write themselves, a couple of family members, and their drinking buddies. Then find out they can't hack it beyond their natural market and don't finish their apps. You're caught waiting weeks for requirements until someone else picks up the file who doesn't know the client from Adam... and the persistency stinks when they do place something.

It is one part of what Northwestern Mutual is doing that is ruining the firm. They send out armies of newbies with a Northwestern Mutual business card and the result is an army of prospective clients whose idea of Northwestern Mutual is some 24 year old looking for unlimited income. A friend of mine is with the Bohannon Group and I guess that they Re one of the worst. about a 90% failure rate in year one.

Latest posts

Back